Translation of Death Registry for Rocco Nicolò Mancini

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italianmom
Elite
Elite

Translation of Death Registry for Rocco Nicolò Mancini

Post by italianmom »

Please translate the following death

registry:http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html

Image 38 #62

Please provide: Registry date; date, time, place of death; names of parents and witnesses with their ages, occupations and where they lived.

Thank you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Death Registry for Rocco Nicolò Mancini

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death No 62: Rocco Niccolo' Mancini
Registered in Orsogna 18 April 1810

Pasquale Mancini, 25 yo, contadino, living in the Quartiere della Villa da Piedi, father of the deceased; and Saverio Ceccarossi, 60 yo, contadino, living in said Quartiere, acquaintance of the deceased, appeared before the official and reported that the deceased Rocco Niccolo' Mancini, born in this town and living in said Quartiere, the son of the above Pasquale Mancini, and of Celeste daughter of Giuseppe di Rico, peasants, living in said Quartiere, died a few moments after his birth.

Quartiere - neighbourhood/district

Angela
italianmom
Elite
Elite

Post by italianmom »

Thank you Angela. I don't think he is a relative. I was hoping but his mother doesn't match a marriage registry for her name.
Just to let you know that several of the future ones I will be sending to be translated I just need the dates. These older ones are especially difficult to read. I know who the parents are so these will be easier to do.
I truly appreciate all that you do. The information I get from these are invaluable to my family tree.
Pat
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

italianmom wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 17:50 Thank you Angela. I don't think he is a relative. I was hoping but his mother doesn't match a marriage registry for her name.
Just to let you know that several of the future ones I will be sending to be translated I just need the dates. These older ones are especially difficult to read. I know who the parents are so these will be easier to do.
I truly appreciate all that you do. The information I get from these are invaluable to my family tree.
Pat
I wondered about this Pasquale as I hadn't noticed his bride's name in any of your other records. You never know though what future research might reveal.

You are right, some of these older records are difficult to read, and maybe that's why they had been left. It's a pity because like I said before often these older records contain a lot of really good extra info, and then some sometimes they contain hardly anything. When you send through the future records that you are only requiring a date for, when I'm around, and if I notice anything of "note" I'll be sure and let you know.

Best to you, Pat.

Angela
italianmom
Elite
Elite

Post by italianmom »

Hi Angela,
You and Mr. Bivona know my family almost as well as I do!
Have a wonderful day!
Pat
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

italianmom wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 19:26 Hi Angela,
You and Mr. Bivona know my family almost as well as I do!
Have a wonderful day!
Pat

I know what your saying. It is a bit like that. I've got a really good memory, but at the moment, because I've been helping someone else, from time to time, who is researching Orsogna, I find that I have to go back and recheck here on the forum. It's not as clear cut anymore.

You have a wonderful day too.

Angela