Need document from Comune of Giarre

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
johnrose

Need document from Comune of Giarre

Post by johnrose »

I need some help in getting a Certificato DI Cittadinanza Italiana E Residenza for my grandfather who, was born in the frazione of San Giovanni Montebello in the comune of Giarre. He emigrated to Australia in 1922.

What I need is an e-mail address or postal address or fax number of someone in the Comune of Giarre who could provide me with this document.

I must admit that I have not had much success in the past in getting replies to previous emails that I have sent to Giarre with regard to a birth certificate for my grandfather - maybe I have had the wrong address!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Need document from Comune of Giarre

Post by Italysearcher »

Comune di Giarre
Via Callipoli, 81
CAP 95014
Telefono 095-963111
Fax 095-963234

If you are requesting a certificate for citizenship purposes you need to state this. I suggest (if you speak Italian) you call the town and ask if there is a fee. If not, then send your request by fax with your name and address clearly printed at the bottom.
Alternately include an addressed envelope with a written request.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear John Rose sounds like you have to retrench and retreat and start over...Go to www,mangeruca.com and send form letter in Italian to Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Giarre 95014, (Catania province), Sicily Italy and enclose a self addressed envelope with $5.00-$10.00 since the servbice is actually free but research is done by poorly paid clerks as an end of day duty.

Wait 6-8 weeks for reply. As for the frazione, it is a neighborhood or suburb under Giarre administration. =Peter=
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
I know that also Giarre civil record office accepts requests via fax
Today I talked with the registrar, Mr. Ricca
He told me that the fax number is 095/ 77973735
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
johnrose

Post by johnrose »

Many thanks to ItalySearcher and Peter Timber for their helpful advice.

Special thanks to Riccardo who called the Giarre civil office and obtained a contact fax number for me.

Riccardo, you are such a generous soul and I really appreciate that you made a phone call to Giarre on my behalf.

I can now move forward and obtain the last document that I need for my Italian citizenship.

John

Sydney Australia
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

it was my pleasure
bye Riccardo
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ricbru I wanted to pass the information I received today from my attorneys office concerning the NY office of the Italian consulate where I plan to file my application for Italian citizenship.

They said that the consulate just wants my fathers birth and death record since he was born in the USA and they changed the requirments and only want translations of my Vital records (Birth, marriage certificates and birth certificates for children under 18 and any divorce document, if any.

I don't know if you knew this but I am passing this information along for whatever it is worth. =Peter=
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

thank you for let me know
bye Riccardo