Filadelfia, Catanzaro Churches

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Georginar

Filadelfia, Catanzaro Churches

Post by Georginar »

Hi!, im trying to find some information about Catanzaro since my dad just found my great grandads Id and it says taht he was born there but somwhere around 1860, my question is: if I want to gen his birth certificate, would it be in a church there?
What would happend if we find out that the church was destroyed? would there be a way to recreate his birth certificate?
Im in Argentina and a friend in italy would be making all the calls I need, but before I get started I would like to get some sort of orientation.
Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Filadelfia, Catanzaro Churches

Post by PeterTimber »

The civil records for Filadelfia covering all Births,marriages and deaths are available from 1809 to 1861 so your OK.

Now go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters

to make the requests in Italian just in case you wind up doing it yourself since it is FREE of charge anyway. You can get the address for Filadelfia Ufficio di Stato Civile at www.nonsolocap.it and put inthe name Filadelfia and then when it comes up click on Filadelfia for the webpage. Under MUNICIPIO is the address to send the form letters. =Suerte= Peter
~Peter~
Georginar

Post by Georginar »

thank you very much!! I have to ask my Italian friend to find out from italy for me! Since I dont know where to write, to the church or somewhere else.
Would you suggest someone that is in Italy look for it, or does it raelly work sending the letter and stuf?, what they told me here at leat, is that ones we know that the bird certificate exist, we have to get it translated, and sent here, or something like that... so I guess that Ill have to pay then :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Free,,,,Nada....gratis no tiene que pagar ni un centavo...not a penny Hai Capito?

I gave you the website for the form letter in Italian and thelocation of the address to mail it. Wait 6-8 weeks for reply and it will come....... sin problemas..... You will have to bring up the copy of the form letter and mail it to the address in the Municipio where I advised you to go in www.nonsolocap.it...y si no puede leer bien in Ingles voy a comunicar en castellano.....vaya a este sitio, escribe la ciudad en arriba, clikando CERCA y quando sale el nombre del pueblo clikar sobre el nombre y saldra un sitio donde esta escritto MUNICIPIO con la direccion. =Peter=
~Peter~
Georginar

Post by Georginar »

thanks for the information... it seems that I cant get the citizenship, the information I have is this:

my greatdad: Antonio Carchedi, born 1876 filadelfia catanzaro.
His wife: Josefina Colombo born 1885 Milan.
THEIR DAUGHTER: Jiudita born in Buenos Aires is mother of my father, and the one that would be passing the italian citizenship.

in this case it goes like this for me:

Great grandfather: italian
GrandMOTHER: argentinian
father: argentinian -------> born before 1948
me: Argentinian

Is it true that since my father was born in 1942, and is HIS MOM the one that would give him the Italian citizenship, he CANT get it because he should have been born AFTER 1948 (and Ive been told that when a women is one in the descendant line her sons/daugthers has to be born after 1948), but if the line went:

Great grandfather: italian
GrandFATHER: argentinian
father: argentinian
me: Argentinian

if this is the way, Im unable to get the citizenship -.-