BAUCINA, Province of Palermo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sophia22

BAUCINA, Province of Palermo

Post by sophia22 »

Does anyone have the mailing address and other vital information for the Ufficio di Stato Civile in the Comune Di Baucina?

Can't seem to locate it online....many thanks in advance!! FYI, I will be writing to obtain my great-grandmother's birth certificate, if that helps with your recommendation.

Thank You!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: BAUCINA, Province of Palermo

Post by PeterTimber »

Sophia go to www.nonsolocap.it and put Baucina inthe top, click CERCA and when the zip code, Baucina name, province intials and region comes up click on Baucina and a website will come up. Scroll down to Municipio for the address of the Uffico di Stato Civile. Go to the right for the www for Baucina tourist info. =Peter=
~Peter~
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

Peter,

Oh Great, thanks for your prompt reply. I just want to be sure, because clearly this is a VERY small comune! When I followed your steps, there seems to be only one main address for what appears to be their (for lack of better term) municipal building. It doesn't specifically state "Uffico di Stato Civile." I guess my question is: If there is only this one address, should I assume this is it?! I plan on quickly sending out a letter with a small Euro bill with my request (in Italian) for birth certificate, as this method has had positive results for me in the past. Just want to make sure it goes to the right place, because I'll be sending the Euro bill.

Thanks! Sophia
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

This is the only address and if you choose to send a Euro bill then please enclose it with a self addressed envelope for "stamps" even though they do not charge anything! =Peter=
~Peter~
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

Aha.....what about including 2 IRC coupons instead? Will that suffice instead? Thanks again!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

No need for anything really so whatever your decision you cannot go wrong. =Peter=
~Peter~
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

Great, enough of my questions!! I will send out today! Grazie mille!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The normal wait time can be anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks so don't despair. =Peter=
~Peter~
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

HI Sophia,
this is the official website : http://www.comune.baucina.pa.it/default.asp
but is only in italian and under manreinence.
This is the address in the website :
Ufficio Anagrafe
Via Umberto I, 78
90020 - Baucina (Pa)
Italia
Tel.: 39 091 8202295
Fax: 39 091 8202454
e-mail : anagrafe@comune.baucina.pa.it

click here to see some picture :
http://www.comune.baucina.pa.it/scopert ... magini.asp

Good luck
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

Thank you! Wow, people on this site are so helpful! I only joined a few days ago and all this information is coming to me!!!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Nazca many people do not know hot read and write in Italian and its better if they send form letters in Italian from english and learn how to get the address so that they know that the MUNICIPIO is similar to City Hall in english and understand better.. This way they can find the address of any comune anywhere in Italy on their own.

Because they do not know how to read and write Italian the websites for the towns are meaningless to them except for the pictures. This is why I tell them how to get the address and what to send to the Uffici di Stato Civile o the Anagrafe. =Peter=
~Peter~
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi Peter,

your is a great job for whom search address in Italy but sometimes i saw that in some sites (for example : address in Sicily) address are not updated or correct . Sometimes Municipio and Ufficio dello Stato Civile or Anagrafe are in different address , so i prefer give the exact address and email from official website to avoid mistake and lost of time . I know the official website are only a curiosity for whom don't read italian but want to know where is the town of their relatives.

best regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

But how do you know if the official site is correct.. sometimes office addressses move official or not. But usually the requests get to the correct address and people learn how to find the town(s) websites....teach a man to fish and he can feed himself. Thanks. =Peter=
~Peter~