Arpino - Sant'Elia Fiumerapido

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Scottclair625

Re: Arpino - Sant'Elia Fiumerapido

Post by Scottclair625 »

Thanks, that would be much appreciated! She had two siblings that I know of, as they too came to live in the UK:

Nicola Arpino (c.1862-1924)
Francesca Arpino (c.1863-1943)

However, there will likely be others.

Scott :)
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Scott
Sorry but I've just discovered I have a hospital appointment this Tuesday (25th) so wont get to the FHC therefore it will be the following Tuesday before I get to check the films unless they have a time available to go on the Thursday. Will definately look those up for you though before I go on holiday.
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Scott I have sent you a private message
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Scott
Today I didnt find Michelagela's birth record it must be on the earlier film which I didnt have time to look up, but I did find Nicola's (male) birth act which I'm going to post here for you, but I'll put it on a separate post.
The Film number was 1172285 1857-1865 Index number 29
He was born on the 4th February 1863 (his birth was registered on the 5th February) his father was Benedetto Arpino and his mother was Benedetta Cascarino they were both age 30 when Nicola was born - so that would make their date of birth approx sometime in 1833.
Benedetto's father's name was Raffaele and he was dead when Nicola was born. (it has 'fu' before his name which means he had died before Nicola's birth)
To find evidence of Michelangela's and Francesca's birth acts I'll need to search the films before and after the one I searched today.
If I manage to go next Tuesday I'll search the other two films but if I cant go I wont be back to the Family History Centre until October (Off on holiday :D )and I'll do it then.
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Just in case the first photograph wasnt clear I took it also half at a time
It was quite a good FHC film
Emmy
If you cant understand it all just say and I'm sure we'll be able to translate it fully for you
Hope this is of some help to you.
Emmy
Scottclair625

Post by Scottclair625 »

Hi Emmy,

thanks very much for your continuing help!!!

I've subsequently discovered a few more things of late.

Her sister, Francesca who died in 1943 was 70 when she died, so therefore must have been born about 1873.

She also had a brother called Guiseppe who was born about 1870.

Thanks once again!!

Scott :)
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Scott
I'm back! I havent forgotten about the information you sent me and I've taken a note of the new information you have found.
After reading through what I've found I think its back to the drawing board re the birth act I found for Benedetto because the information on the one I posted earlier Benedetto's father's name was Constantino and this doesnt match up with Benedetto's father's name on Nicola's birth act on that birth act it says that Benedetto's father's name was Raffaele.
Going by the age Benedetto was when Nicola was born I'm going to search for a birth act for a Benedetto Arpino born approx 1833 whose father's name was Raffaele It seems the 1828 birth act wasnt the correct one.
I'll be going to the FHC on Tuesday I'll post what I find on Tuesday evening.
Sorry you have had to wait so long but I was enjoying the lovely weather in France :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emmy
Scottclair625

Post by Scottclair625 »

Hi Emmy,

Did you have any luck turning up any more information on this? Thanks again for this!!

Scott
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Sorry Scott for not replying sooner. I havent been back at the FHC for a while now, in fact because of the weather I've only been out twice (family taking me out) since before Christmas. I just dont like going out in the car when the roads are like this and I dont like travelling with anyone else either also I dont want them driving here when they dont need to. So my family have been having a problem with me :roll: :wink:
How I wish we could just get all those films to use at home.
I'v been in touch with the FHC staff and my films will still be there when I go back :D :D
I havent forgotten about you and when I go back I'll have another
search to see if I can find any more information for you. Just keep checking up here and I'll post as soon as things get back to normal again.
Take Care
(Good luck for 2010)
Emmy
Scottclair625

Post by Scottclair625 »

Thanks very much, and same to you :)

Scott
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Scott just bringing this post up to the top going to try to get an appt. at FHC today
Fingers crossed
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Scott I only managed to check one of the films today and I found the birth act for Francesca and Giuseppe Arpino. The down side is its the short version of their birth acts that are on this film.

Both the birth acts were found on Film no. 1883002 (1857-1865)

index No. 67 Francesca was born 25th June 1873
index No. 76 Giuseppe was born 19th April 1870

On both birth acts the father and mother were as follows:
Father: Benedetto Arpino
Mother: Benedetta Cascarino

I checked out all the Arpino's born in 1866,1867,1868,1869 and none of them had parents named Benedetto Arpino and Benedetta Cascarino. I've still to check the parents' names for the Arpino births in the years 1871,1872,1874,1875,1876 and 1877
As Nicola was born in 1863 and his parents were 30 years old when he was born there is still a chance more siblings may yet be found in the above years still to be checked. There could perhaps be others born before 1863 -another thing I will check out.

The other thing I have listed to check out again is the birth act of Benedetto I posted (remember after I posted it I thought I'd made a mistake because Benedetto's father's name on that birth act didnt match his father's name on Nicola's birth act.)

Hope to be back again next Tuesday. Just keep checking this post.
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Just keeping this up to the top in case you 'pop' in Scott.
Emmy
Scottclair625

Post by Scottclair625 »

Hi Emmy,

Thanks for that this is fantastic!!

Only one more birth record do I seek now... my elusive great-great-grandmother, Michelangela Arpino!!

Kind regards,

Scott
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Scott
I'll be going back to FHC a week on Tuesday (Approx 8th june?) and I'll check those earlier films to see if I can find Michelangela's birth act and keep fingers crossed that it will be the full birth act and not the short version. Just keep checking in here. I'll post any information I find.
Emmy