Piaggine

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
yoyi

Piaggine

Post by yoyi »

Going to be visiting Piaggine this summer, I have some family that came from there back in 1904, Carmelo Antonio Cimillo, son of Vicente arrived in Uruguay at the age of 18. Anyway if anyone has any information about Piaggine I would appreciate it. I don;t speak Italian, and what little information i could find on the web shows it to be a very small town. Any help with knowing a place to stay or even the best way to get there. Thanks, George

yoyifly@hotmail.com
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Piaggine

Post by ptimber »

You can go to www.piaggine.net and www.piaggine.net/statuto.asp and www.saperviaggiare.it/campania/salerno/piaggine.asp. There are several other websites which can be viewed at www.2020.com and insert Piaggine in the title. Peter
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

I too will visit Piaggine this summer from July 28th to August 20 :D
To be exactly I am in Valle dell'Angelo, that's a 5 minute walk from Piaggine.

When are you in Piaggine?
yoyi

Post by yoyi »

I am in Austria currently, and I am planning a trip in a few weeks for the weekend. I would probably be in on Friday afternoon leaving Thursday morning. Edmondo, email me at yoyifly@hotmail.com, my name is george. I saw on the Tardio page that there is a Cimillo on it.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes there is and I gave you the address for Vincenzo Cimillo, Via Sottopiazza 8 in Piaggine. Telephone 0974 942237. Peter
yoyi

Re: Piaggine - Cimillo

Post by yoyi »

This is great information, from my father i learned that:

Carmelo Antonio Felix Cimillo was born 18 of Sept 1884 to Vincenzo Cimillo and Maria Gracia Petraglia.

Apparently there is a Vincenzo Cimillo in Piaggine so I am excited to come for a visit. Edmondo I would love to come to Piaggine during the time that you will be there. I read on your geneology page the name Maria Rosaria Cimillo but i can't understand taht page much.

I am in Austria studying with a program from my law school, but i am able to travel on the weekends. If you could email me so we could get in touch i would like to make arrangements to meet you in Piaggine.

yoyifly@hotmail.com
George
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Hi george, I just send you an e-mail.
About Maria Rosaria Cimillo, she is married to my uncle :lol: they now live in Cassino (FR) but I have no idea how she is related to Vincenzo.