Birth Records from Castelcivita and Trapani

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
soldi
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Records from Castelcivita and Trapani

Post by soldi »

This forum has helped immensely in researching my family heritage. The only documents I now lack to obtain Italian dual citizenship is the certified copies of birth certificates for my Grandfather, Ercole Balilla Soldani and my Grandmother (Ercole's wife) Louisa Bosco. I know that Ercole was born in Castelcivita, Salerno and Louisa was born in Trapani, Trapani, Sicily. Is there an email address for each of these comunes to ask if these records are available? Is there a correct address to mail a request for these documents? How do I pay for these documents? I would include an International Reply Coupon (IRC) with my letter request to cover return postage but I am not sure how payment is made. Any idea how long such requests take? I know these are a lot of questions but any help woiuld be much appreciated!!

Soldi
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Records from Castelcivita and Trapani

Post by adelfio »

Heres a website for finding addresses that is good
www.paginegialle.it/pg.../3-Trapani
Comune di Trapani
1, Piazza Vittorio Veneto
91100 Trapani (TP)
Italy
Most records are free from the comunes and the request has to be in italian but I usually send both English and Italian.Here are some form letters
www.angelfire.com/ok3/...tters.html

The IRC thing is a pain in the butt some have taken mine and others I think they use them for making a paper airplane or note pad. So its hit or miss>you might be better off email to Trapani heres the site, email message is on the site
www.comune.trapani.it/...dex.shtml#

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
soldi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by soldi »

Thanks so much Marty,

I'll try to email them and also send the letters. The forum is always very helpful.

Soldi
Asiunas

Post by Asiunas »

My uncle Stasys Lozoraitis 1924-1994(presidential candidate) was married to Daniela D'Ercole in Rome. She also died in 2010. One commentator indicated that D.Ercole family originated from ancient Rome empire senator D.Ercole and the port D.Ercole was called in his honor. Do you know anything about it?