Celenza Valfortore

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Celenza Valfortore

Post by bousejg »

Is Celenza Tonino a different area then Celenza Valfortore? I just thought Celenza was the whole town? Does anyone know the altitude of Celenza?
Gloria Freemon
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Celenza Valfortore

Post by johnnyonthespot »

bousejg wrote:Is Celenza Tonino a different area then Celenza Valfortore? I just thought Celenza was the whole town? Does anyone know the altitude of Celenza?
I see:

Comune di Celenza sul Trigno, Provincia di Chieti, Regione di Abruzzo, Southern Italy

and

Comune di Celenza Valfortore, Provincia di Foggia, Regione di Puglia, Southern Italy

As you can see, they are two entirely different places.

I do not see a place called Celenza Tonino. Where did you find this reference?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Wikipedia puts Celenza Valaforte at an altitude of 480 m (1,575 ft) and Celenza sul Trigno 646 m (2,119 ft).
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bousejg »

hmm that's interesting. Maybe I got the spelling of Trigno wrong. Well Celenza Valfortore is what I'm really interested in. Now I'm on ViaMichelin site trying to get a map of the area. I'll be traveling on my own to this area and really clueless. So trying to get as much info as possible. Any one know of a website that will help me convert Euro to Dollars? I'm so math challenged!
Gloria Freemon
bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bousejg »

This is part of an email I received from an acquaintance that lives in Tuscany:
Mia madre Pasqualina e mio padre Tonino vivono a Celenza.
Gloria Freemon
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Currency conversions: http://www.xe.com/ and scroll about halfway down the page.

Not a map exactly, but try going to http://maps.google.com/maps?q=71035+Cel ... A&t=h&z=16 and zoom in or out to your heart's content.

Next, drag the little orange man figure onto the map and drop him there. Now, use your mouse to move around in Google's "Street View"".

You'll be glad you tried it. :)
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

bousejg wrote:This is part of an email I received from an acquaintance that lives in Tuscany:
Mia madre Pasqualina e mio padre Tonino vivono a Celenza.

My mother is Pasqualina and my father is Tonino (I presume a nickname for Antonino), they live in Celenza.

[edit]

Probably more correct: My mother Pasqualina and my father Tonino live in Celenza.
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

This video is a little dated, but it shows how to use most Google Street View functions.

Besides doing this online in Google Maps, you may want to try the free Google Earth application for your PC. Find it at http://www.google.com/intl/en/earth/index.html
Carmine

bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bousejg »

Oh for heavens sake! Never picked up the fathers name, duh!!! I hope I'll be able to get through the barrier language in Celenza and Casalvecchio. I've been studying real hard but getting nervous:):)

Thanks for that euro web site! Will give it a try. Hey, maybe I could download it on my IPOD as an app?

I do have google earth but really like this michelin site better. What the heck would we do with the Internet???
Gloria Freemon
bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bousejg »

Thanks for that Euro site! It's great and not confusing. Going to download it on my Ipad. Next is converting kilometers to miles:):) See, told you I was lousy at math:):)
Gloria Freemon
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

bousejg wrote:Thanks for that euro web site! Will give it a try. Hey, maybe I could download it on my IPOD as an app?
http://www.xe.com/iphone/

I am sure there are many others...

I don't know if it comes in an iOS version, but I use ConvertPad on my Android-based phone for both currency and unit conversions.

To convert km to miles, multiply by .62

To convert miles to km, multiply by 1.6
Carmine

bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bousejg »

Thanks, that takes a lot off my mind. I can handle the x tables:):). Where in Ct are you from? My family is from Waterbury and the family I hope to see in Celenza is from Waterbury.
Gloria Freemon
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

bousejg wrote:Thanks, that takes a lot off my mind. I can handle the x tables:):). Where in Ct are you from? My family is from Waterbury and the family I hope to see in Celenza is from Waterbury.
Believe it or not, I actually live in Waterbury and have been in the greater Waterbury area since 1994. However, I grew up in Harrison, Westchester County, NY and also lived in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area for 20+ years.

My paternal grandparents came from Roccasecca, Frosinone province; my maternal grandparents from Malvito, Cosenza province.
Carmine

bousejg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bousejg »

Small world huh? I grew up in Wtby then moved to Tampa for 18 yrs then to AZ where I just love it! Thanks for all your help. Sure do appreciate it.
I leave on Oct 2 for a short stay in Tuscany then meet up with a Rick Steves tour for 17 days then the last week head to Celenza and Casalvecchio. Excited about this trip!!!!
Gloria Freemon
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Sounds like a great trip. Let me know if you need someone to keep you company. :)
Carmine