cemeterys in Formicola,Caserta,Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Teresaterri54

cemeterys in Formicola,Caserta,Italy

Post by Teresaterri54 »

Hi I am looking for info on cemeteries in Formicola,Italy. My cousin will be visiting in May and would like to see if she could find where some of our ancestors are buried. Any info would be much appreciated. The surname we are most interested in is DeCristofaro.
Most of our DeCristofaro ancestors were from Formicola and Pantelone? ( hope Im spelling that right.) Thank you again for any help.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: cemeterys in Formicola,Caserta,Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

First you should read my blog on cemeteries so you are prepared when you go there. If the cemetery is large enough there should be an office, if not then go to the town municipal offices.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Teresaterri54

Re: cemeterys in Formicola,Caserta,Italy

Post by Teresaterri54 »

Thank you! Your blog is wonderful Anna! I had no idea about how Italians were buried. Your article from September 2007 was very interesting! Most of my Italian ancestorers were peasant farmers so Im guessing we would have a problem finding their graves. They were not wealthy and didnt have much money. Thank you again for the information. :)