Source for detailed maps of Italy?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
stephanwall

Source for detailed maps of Italy?

Post by stephanwall »

Hello to everyone!

This is my first time on Italiangenealogy.com

I am trying to find a source for good detailed maps of Italy. I like the hiking/biking type in 1:25,000 (topographical). I am having a hard time locating some of the smaller than Frazione (Localitas) where my family were living. I have gotten these types of maps for my French ancestors directly from France. I have not found any good places for Italian maps. I have spoken with some of our American map sources but cannot seem to find the maps I need (in stock).

I am intersted in the area of Bedonia in Parma and also Santo Stefani d'Aveto in Liguria. (same general area)

Any leads or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Stephan
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Source for detailed maps of Italy?

Post by nicolefazio »

not sure if something like this is what your looking for. The description is ...

1:25,000. Edizioni Multigraphic. This series covers the coastal mountains and coastline area of San Remo - Cuneo - Savona - Sestri. The maps are 1:25,000 topographic maps from IGM with information added such as hiking trails, huts, railroads, symbols showing tree-type, and more. These are combined sheets with one on the front and one on the reverse. In Italian with bilingual legend.

64-82744-113 - Sheet 9/13. Appennino Ligure - M. Gottero, M. Marmagna. Bedonia, Borgo Val di Taro, Varese Ligure, Pontremoli, Berceto, Corniglio, Bosco, Monchio delle Corti.

This is the direct link to order it:
http://www.omnimap.com/cgi/shop/add.pl?64-82745-009
This is the link to the list of Maps:
http://www.omnimap.com/catalog/hiking/ed-multi.htm#p4

for Santo stefani d'aveto It seems this map would have it:
64-82745-005 - Sheet 5/7. Appennino Ligure - Montebruno. M. Antola, M. Oramara, M. Maggiorasca, M. Alpesisa, M. Candelozzo, M. Lavagnola, M. Larnaia, M. Aiona, M. Penna.

that website has a lot of maps.
stephanwall

Post by stephanwall »

Nicole, Thank you for the reply. I have spoken with them on the telephone before. The map was not in stock. They are going to try and acquire a copy for me. We'll see what happens.

Stephan
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You might also try with maps from the Istituto Geografico Militare (IGM), who make a wide variety of them:

www.igmi.it (main site)
http://ssappsrv01.sesasistemi.it/igm_es ... ategory=83 (online shop)

Be careful: some of them are of the 1950s, and not up-to-date.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.