Petina, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
carleot

Re: Petina, Italy

Post by carleot »

My name is Tom Carleo. I gave found records showing that my great grandfather came to NYC in 1903 from Petina. His name was Nicola Carleo. He was born around 1880 and stayed with his "brother in law" in Bayonne New Jersey. His name was Giuseppe Zito and we assume that the wife of Giuseppe was Nicola's sister, named Marianne. He died in some sort of an accident in 1910 or so after marrying and having my grandfather,Nicholas. Any additional information on this part of the Carleo Petina family would be so appreciated. Thank!
ciparliamo

Post by ciparliamo »

hi...my name is Linda and finally just found out that my grandmother arrived in usa in 1906 from Petina....whatever info that you can share with me would be greatly appreciated....I can read and write in Italian...
Amos

Post by Amos »

Hi, My name is Anthony and my grandfather was born in Petina in Feb. 1893. Hi
emigrated to the states in 1909 to Bayonne and then to East Harlem. I would love to get a ride records of him in Italy that exist. Thank you
Amos

Post by Amos »

I forgot to post my grandfather's name. It was Agostino Moscatello.
natalieanne

Post by natalieanne »

Hello I was wondering if you were still active on this site. I am interested in researching my grandfathers family in Petina (Mancuso Santoro/Santora /Vignulo or Vignolo (a). I'd appreciate any help. Immigrated early 1900-1905. Thank you - Natalie Anne.
glee wrote: 01 Feb 2008, 07:12 I have access to the Petina Files which go back to the early 1800's. They are in my possession which I got from a person doing Genealogy at the Salt Lake City library. They have been translated into English by an Italian researcher. If you would like me to look up a name, I would be glad to do so. They are mostly birth records but they have the mother and father and their ages.
mikewalker

Post by mikewalker »

It seems to me that many of you are descendants of Carleos from Petina. My 3x great grandmother, Teresa Carleo, was also from here. She married Arsenio Auciello and had three sons: Donato Antonio, born 1854, Angelo Vito, born 1858, and Diego, born 1861. Donato was my 2x great grandfather and went by Antonio. He and Diego both lived in America for some time, though I do not know their ultimate fates.

Any information that anyone has in regards to these Petinans would be most appreciated. Thanks!