Branca from Trenta, Cosenza, Calbria

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Branca from Trenta, Cosenza, Calbria

Post by dizabrat » 23 Jan 2016, 21:01

I searched on Jan 7th for my family birth records, I found one. I got the website through Cyndy's list. I think it was Portale della Storia degli italiai - On Cyndi's list it looks like this:

Archivio Di Stato Di Cosenza

Archives of Cosenza Province in Calabria, Italy. Index of birth, death, marriage and Army enlistments from 1800 - 1900. Registration required, but free.

Can anyone help me find another website where I can search birth records in Trenta?

Lucani

Re: Branca from Trenta, Cosenza, Calbria

Post by Lucani » 12 Mar 2016, 07:45

The link you found is for the state archives but Cosenza Province is not included in the database. Records in Cosenza are difficult to find on-line. Do you have access to a local FamilySearch facility? They have microfilm records yo can view.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj » 15 Mar 2016, 15:45

Hi,
the Cosenza database work by this link: http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs_web/index.faces
and it is ok to 70 % sometimes given error...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio » 15 Mar 2016, 17:16

Municipality of TRENTA. Volume number 30, document number 22 page -

Antonio Ferdinando Branca born on 02/06/1850

son/daughter of Raffaele Branca, bracciale, 32 years and of Maddalena Campana, filatrice, 22 years

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dizabrat » 22 Jul 2016, 22:10

Hi Marty,

I am leaving for Calabria on Tuesday. Are you located in Italy? I dont speak the language but had a friend write me a letter in Italian that I plan on taking to the Comune in Trenta. Do you think they will do some look ups for me?