Rocca D'Evandro, Caserta

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Scheva

Rocca D'Evandro, Caserta

Post by Scheva »

Hi everyone,
I am trying to complete my family tree but am missing some important people. My family comes from a small town on the banks of the Garigliano River in Northern Campania. The town is called Rocca D'Evandro in the province of Caserta.
Can anyone give me some information on where I can request some birth records for the people I am trying to locate?
Surnames:
De Angelis
Tudino
Grandolfo
Fargnoli

Thanks in advance,

Tony
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Rocca D'Evandro, Caserta

Post by mfjp »

Hi Tony,

You are in luck...

Civil Documents from 1809-1899 can be researched from film at a Family History Center OR from the downtown Reference Library near Yonge & Bloor.

I prefer to research from the Family History Center across from the Science Center... There are other locations throughout Toronto as well... but the staff at this location are wonderful and the equipment here gets updated...

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Civil registration of births, marriages, deaths, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents, citizenship records from Rocca d'Evandro, Caserta, Italy. Text in Italian. Some years missing or out of order.

Steps on obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center by Trish

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

ITALIAN LDS RECORDS TRANSCRIPTIONS
http://www.comunesofitaly.org/Links/RuthNerud.htm
-------------------------------------
To write to the comune

Comune di Rocca d'Evandro
Viale della Libertà
Rocca d'Evandro,
Caserta 81050
Campania
Tel. 0823/906286
Fax 0823/906577

http://www.comuneroccadevandro.it

------------------

cold out there, eh?
mfjp :P
Scheva

Post by Scheva »

mfjp,
you sure are knowledgeable, and helpfull, on this subject.
Thanks for all the info, I'll get on this right away.

Tony

P.S.
Yes, it is pretty cold.......eh!
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi Tony,

I have a question for you...

Have any of the Canadian internet sites been able to give you information about your ancestors?

mfjp
Scheva

Post by Scheva »

Hi mfjp,
to tell you the truth, I haven't tried any. I only recently begun my search and have only consulted my mother and other older relatives.
Do you know of any web sites that might be able to help me? I found my two grandfathers on Ellis Island manifests as they both landed in New York at the turn of the Century (last one). They both came to Canada from there, but only stayed for 10 years then left for Italy again.
My relatives started arriving in the late 40's. We came in '68 and were the last to arrive.
Any thing you can offer will be much appreciated.

Tony
roccadevandro

Post by roccadevandro »

Hello Toni,

I just came across this forum while doing some researches on Rocca d'Evandro, which is the place where I live, and I found very interesting the fact that you are from this place. I understood that you went to Canada in 1968 and judging from the surnames that you wrote I think you are from Cocuruzzo.

I know some members of the families Fargnoli and Grandolfo, who still live there. Whenever I have time, I also make some researches about my grand-grandfather, who landed in N.Y. at the beginning of 1900 and from there he took a train to Montreal (source: EllisIsland site). But he went 2 times to Canada and I still can't find the date of his 2nd trip.

So I would be glad if we can exchange some helpful information on how to find more records about our ancestors. The address of the Comune di Rocca d'Evandro given to you from mfjp is right and you can use their website to contact them (although their e-mails are active, I suggest you to send a fax to the attention of Rag. V. Giangrande, which you may know, because their website is not updated often).

And in the meantime you can look at the website I am building about my hometown since April 2004. It is called www.roccadevandro.net and it's an indipendent, non istitutional website. I'll appreciate if you can spread the word about this web site with other people of your community living in Toronto, which may have come from here.

Saluti da Rocca d'Evandro :)

Giuseppe
vic2006

Post by vic2006 »

Hello I am trying to find someone who knows some family called Marconi from rocca d'evandro.His first name is Guiseppe Marconi and his sons are valentino and Joe and his wife is Leonora.They had a store that was about 20 years ago or more which they were **SPAM** cement in rocca d'evandro.I just want to have some news about them ,so if there is someone here who knows them please contact me here.Thanks i am a relative from them here in montreal canada.Hope to hear from somebody here bye from Vic2006
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Have you seen the Italian Telephone Listings for help?

Marconi

Nuccia :D
vic2006

Post by vic2006 »

Thank you Nuccia. No i didnt check out the italian phone list yet.But i was just asking here by curiousity if someone just of known them.And i want to ask some questions to people there in rocca d'evandro of how is the living there too and if there is much changement there since i was there 30 years ago.And perhaps i could of talk to someone who knows my relatives Guissepe Marconi and his sons valentino and joey which they had a store which they were **SPAM** cement and hardware stuff for the homes there in rocca d'evandro.This Marconi Family was very known there in Rocca D'evandro.And Nuccia could you exactly send me the site where i can find phones and adresses from Rocca D'evandro.Thank You again from vic2006 byeeeee.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Sure, its the lik I provided above...just click on it.

Here it is with no surnames..

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

Hope this helps..

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
vic2006

Post by vic2006 »

Thanks Nuccia for the link.But i tried it and couldnt find the right marconi so thats why i am trying to find someone from rocca devandro direct which could give me news more maybe the man is dead and kids are gone to other provinces.So if anyone who is from there could contact me thanks bye..... vic2006
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe one of our memebers from Italy can help... :cry:

Nuccia
roccadevandro

Post by roccadevandro »

Hello vic2006,
I just got an e-mail about your searching for Giuseppe. I know him, his last name is Marcone and not Marconi (probably that is why you didn't find him on the italian telephone listings). If you want more details write me at info@roccadevandro.net .
About Rocca d'Evandro, yes, many things have surely changed here since 30 years ago. You can take a look at the web site I'm working on: it's called www.roccadevandro.net

Ciao :)
Giuseppe