Cesinali, Avellino

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Jamie110

Cesinali, Avellino

Post by Jamie110 »

Does anything know anything about Cesinali or have any relatives that came from Cesinali in the early 1900's? I'm trying to track details about my family and know many people came to the CT/NY/NJ area together, so I'm hoping there is an older historian out there somewhere.

Surnames: Cocchia, Montibello, possibly Venizia (???)

I'm having a really hard time tracking anything from this branch of the family, possibly due to tempers and grudges or maybe because not that many people left.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Cesinali, Avellino

Post by adelfio »

You can go to local Family History Center and use their computer and view and copy civil records of Cesinali

Do you have some names and dates?

PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

In searching Italian civil records you have birth(nati) death(morte) marriage (matrimoni) by year most go from 1866-1910 some towns have other years. Indexes are found at the beginning or end of the year you are searching by index number and surname.There are also multi year indexes which combine 5 or 10 years of indexes.
So most of the time just look in the index for the name you are are searching for in that year you are searching then find the index number and go back in that year and find the record with that number on it.
Sometimes there are no indexes at all then its page by page search by year but just because one year has no index doesn’t mean all years don’t have a index
Births have 3 records per image most of the time marriages have 2 records per image deaths have 4 images per image sometimes records are single pages depends how they were photographed by the FHL Family History Library
Babies are born then presented to the civil official of the town usually within a few days of birth for entry in the birth registry that’s why the difference in dates on the record If there is a problem and they cant register the birth act until much later they are entered in the Parte 2 for that year usually in the rear of the records and that record is usually handwritten. Sometimes there are sidenotes with marriage or death information or if the act has a mistake in it a correction to those mistakes
Marriage records include birth town, ages, occupations, parents names and if they are deceased which is very helpful in record searching
Death records have the age of deceased also the parents names and if they were married and to whom and usually town of birth usually not the cause of death
Civil records are signed by the civil official and 2 witnesses not usually family members
The indexes for the churches in Italy of baptism and marriage and death are arranged by first name first (later years last name first) by year and date of the act and page and record number. Just find your person in the index and go back to the records to find the act you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
auerfamily1

Post by auerfamily1 »

Hello, don't know if you're still checking here, but my g-grandfather was a Cocchia from Cesinali. He came to the US in 1888 and married a Greco from Atripalda, which I believe is closely linked to Cesinali.
tanne

Post by tanne »

Brothers Giuseppe and Michelangelo Cocchia came to NY/NJ in 1895 (age 35) and 1909 (age17). Michael moved to NJ, married Anna Apicella from Brooklyn. I think that his father was Gennaro. 1915 NJ census has him living with a large group one of which was his friend Joe Olivia (?). He married between 1915 and 1920.