traveling to Cintano

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Mmrj

traveling to Cintano

Post by Mmrj »

My grandmothers family is from a small town north of Turin called Cintano. My great-grandfather, his brothers, sisters, and cousin came to Butte, Montana to work in the mines. Around the time that WW1 was beginning the majority of the family went back to Cintano, except my great grandfather and his cousin.

I have the opportunity to travel to Cintano in March and hope to visit the cemetery and take photos of the town. I am not sure if the cemetery is open to the public, or if I need to contact anyone before I arrive.

I have found many of the records already on family search. They are unindexed, but they are available to browse through. I am more interested in learning about the town itself, and seeing what my ancestors' lives were like.

The town is small, so there is no hotel or B & B, but we will stay in a nearby town.

Does anyone have any experience traveling to these small towns, and any advice?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: traveling to Cintano

Post by suanj »

all cemeteries are open to the public- in the right hours..
suanj
the skilful's success annoys the envious

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: traveling to Cintano

Post by Italysearcher »

There is a post on my blog about Preparing for a trip to the town of origin you might find helpful.
Ann Tatangelo
Tours, citizenship certificates and ancestral research in Italy
http://angelresearch.net
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505