Schio, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Ally Sancat

Schio, Italy

Post by Ally Sancat »

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there was a certain document one can obtain from Italy that would tell me the family names.

Family surname: Santacatterina, various Santacaterina

In looking for my grandfathers information, I was blessed to find a cousin of his all on a hunch of a weird sounding town name in Rhode Island. Sent letter to said cousin and his daughter called me. Turns out our grandparents were brother and sister. And to boot got myuself a picutre of my grandfather that no one in my family has seen. Actually the only picture we have of him. Yay me!!

Suanj, You helped me many, many years ago when i first started out searching. I have come quite a long way!!!
With your direction on town and various spellings I found a lot and family to boot.

I know we have census records, does Italy have some type of same? I got birth records for my grandfather, and 2 sisters that came here. However, the ages of their father various.

house address is: born 11:15 am in the town house located at 626 Via Sessegolo, in Schio, Venice, Italyper his birth act i obtained from LDS. Father was illiterate and a wool merhant.

I know of 2 sisters here, have a record of a Teresa Rosalina and should be a brother Antonio, however no record found on them.

Also, looking for more information on my great Grandfather Antonio Santacaterina, age varies on each birth act.
Wife Anna Zanella. this family of Zanella lived in Rhode Island. I found much info on Anna's siblings here.

soooo, need to know of a family sheet or census for above Antonio/Anna Zanella Santacaterina and birth of Teresa and Antonio.

Thanks bunches!!!
Ally
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Schio, Italy

Post by suanj »

Hi, I don't remember the search, however I am happy to help you again.
These records are abt sons of Antonio Santacatterina and Anna Zanella, maybe Pietro is your ancestor:

Santacatterina Antonio son of Antonio and Anna Zanella, born in Schio on 28 Apr 1900, miner
https://www.arsas.org/leva/138486-santa ... na-antonio

Santacatterina Pietro son of Antonio and Anna Zanella, born in Schio on 22 Jun 1891, mason
https://www.arsas.org/leva/86122-santacatterina-pietro

abt Antonio sr, I advice you to search in the microfilms the marriage, and by that you can understand the birthyear, because on the marriage record the ages are more precise..
Best regards,
suanj
The envious is like the cuckoo. Try to appropriate the merits of others. He never starts a difficult search, having no skills, but puts his egg in other's nest.

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Ally Sancat

Post by Ally Sancat »

Hi. The Pietro is my grandfather!!! The Antonio might be his brother. He and his sister Teresa Rosalina were the 2 kids that remained in Schio

My grandfather n sister Maria came to USA in 1914 via La Havre into Ny to Rhode Island.

I tried the films n found no marriage of Antonio n Anna (Zanella). ☹️

What else can I do?

Thanks Suanj.

It’s ok I remember you and Ricardo fondly. You two helped me a lot.

Is there a copy of what you found I can get?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

My dear,
You can request a copy of what I found at the VICENZA State Archive you can contact by email asking the full copy of LISTA DI LEVA and please to write the names and birthdates and parent's names of each record.

http://www.archiviodistatovicenza.beniculturali.it/

Abt marriage of Antonio and Anna, it must be in the civil records if they married after 1866... maybe the civil records microfilmed are no 100% complete.. please to see also the marriage banns.. and also it could be possible that married after the children births… almost the marriage banns must be in… I cannot advice more than that..

if they were online I would have helped you look for marriage record.. but no on line...
Best regards,
suanj
The envious is like the cuckoo. Try to appropriate the merits of others. He never starts a difficult search, having no skills, but puts his egg in other's nest.

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Ally Sancat

Post by Ally Sancat »

Thank you 😘