Cimitero Comunale

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Cimitero Comunale

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

When writing to Italia to enquire about the location of an ancestor's tomb, do you write to the Town Hall or to the actual Cemetery to make enquiries?

Also, what is the Italian name of the building that includes several tombs. (My understanding from a cousin is that our grandmother who died in 1952 is buried with our grandfather's family. She said it was like a little chapel but wasn't sure what it was called?

The town I am particularly interested in is Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata.

Thanks for any help.

Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Cimitero Comunale

Post by mmogno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 00:59 When writing to Italia to enquire about the location of an ancestor's tomb, do you write to the Town Hall or to the actual Cemetery to make enquiries? Ufficio di Polizia Mortuaria

Also, what is the Italian name of the building that includes several tombs. (My understanding from a cousin is that our grandmother who died in 1952 is buried with our grandfather's family. She said it was like a little chapel but wasn't sure what it was called? Tomba di famiglia

Thanks for any help.

Angela
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 01:28
AngelaGrace56 wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 00:59 When writing to Italia to enquire about the location of an ancestor's tomb, do you write to the Town Hall or to the actual Cemetery to make enquiries? Ufficio di Polizia Mortuaria

Also, what is the Italian name of the building that includes several tombs. (My understanding from a cousin is that our grandmother who died in 1952 is buried with our grandfather's family. She said it was like a little chapel but wasn't sure what it was called? Tomba di famiglia

Thanks for any help.

Angela
That was quick. Thanks so much, G.

"Tomba di famiglia," well that makes perfect sense.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I need assistance locating both the physical address and email address of l'Ufficio di Polizia Mortuaria in Grumento Nova, please. I'm going round in circles. Thank you.

Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

@Angela

Grumento Nova è un Comune molto piccolo (~1700 abitanti) e non ha un ufficio per ognuno dei servizi.

Prova a scrivere all'URP - Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico usando questo form
http://www.comune.grumentonova.pz.it/si ... scrivi.htm

oppure direttamente
urponline@comune.grumentonova.pz.it

O anche a

Ufficio Protocollo
Comune di Grumento Nova
Piazza Sandro Pertini n. 1
85050 Grumento Nova (PZ)

Recapiti telefonici:
Centralino 0975.65044 - Fax: 0975.65073

Posta elettronica:
comunegrumentonova@rete.basilicata.it
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

@mmogno

This is very helpful. Thankyou, G.

Angela :)