Travel to Messina

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mpagano67

Travel to Messina

Post by mpagano67 »

Background of question - last year my wife and I vacationed with a group of friends to the Puglia area of Italy (Lecce). The trip was organized by a boutique travel company called Expressino Travel. It was unbelievable. They lived in Lecce and knew all the places to go. We would breakfast at the hotel (which was awesome) then set out for a morning excursion, do lunch, then an afternoon excursion then have a dinner adventure. Sleep, wake up and repeat. As I was visiting various areas of Puglia I kept thinking the only way this would be even better is if I had a personal connection to the various towns and locations we were visiting.

Now to my question - I have researched trying to find the same thing in the Messina area and come up empty. I found a couple of Sicily focused boutique travel firms but most are headquartered on the other side of Sicily and go all over Sicily. I want a custom travel experience focused on certain towns in Messina - Forza d'Agro, Sant' Alessio, Roccalumera, Letojanni, Sant' Angelo di Brolo to name the primary ones. I want to see the things my ancestors saw every day as they lived their lives there. I want someone transporting me to all those places who knows the best things to see in each area, the best places to eat and the best places to stay. Essentially (back to the background) I want the Expressino Travel experience but in Messina.

I figured this forum would be a good place to ask this question. Also if anyone ancestors from Puglia and wants to do the same thing. Let me know and I can supply the contact info for Expressino.