Land and toponymics research related to my ancestors in Dueville/Montecchio Precalcino

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
renansanson

Land and toponymics research related to my ancestors in Dueville/Montecchio Precalcino

Post by renansanson »

Hello everyone!

I just figured out one of the most incredible things on my genealogy research: the place where my old ancestors had their land. It was somewhere between Via Corvo and Via Marascare as it is shown in different documents (birth and marriage certificate) in Dueville, Vicenza. (abitante in dueville nella contra delle Marascarre) (contra del Corvo)

According to other two documents, sometime around 1820's to a land between Via S. Anna e Via Barcon. (abitante in Dueville nella contra di S. Anna e Barcon).

After it they moved again to Povolaro, but I don't know exactly where.

This land was owned by them for more than three generations (something between 1700s to 1850s), and it might have some remnants there, maybe their old home. Obviously I'm not pretending to discuss possession or anything like this, but this can be a turning point on my research.

Is there any way to get more information about old landowners or land demarcation from this time? Is there any way to know the story of these roads?

There is also another place in Montecchio Precalcino where the name of the road is Feliciano Sanson. I have three direct ancestors with this name and two of them were buried in the Chiesa dei Santi Vito, Modesto e Crescenzia cemetery, which is almost at the end of this Via Corvo. I don't know if there is still a grave of our ancestors there. I really hope that so.

I wish there is somewhere else I can find about the toponymics of this region. Do you know what I can do with this information and where can I get more of it?

There is a timeline of all this information attached.

Thank you!
Attachments
222 (1).jpg
000.jpg
Inkedscreenshot 2019-11-13 03.07.41_LIs.jpg