Meduna di Livenza, Treviso & Pasiano, Pordenone

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
scalim
Rookie
Rookie

Meduna di Livenza, Treviso & Pasiano, Pordenone

Post by scalim »

Is it possible to find birth/death/matrimoni records for the two border towns Brische, Meduna di Livenza in Treviso and Pasiano, Pordenone between the years 1816-1870 I have located records for 1806-1815 and 1871-1911. Will records new records be released anytime soon?
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Meduna di Livenza, Treviso & Pasiano, Pordenone

Post by mmogno »

You must request vital acts relating to that period in parishes, not municipalities.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
scalim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scalim »

How do I find the parishes?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
scalim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scalim »

Do you think the parishes would answer by the emails provided? Or in order to get information do I need to visit or snail mail the parishes? I am assuming they do not provide online searching?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

It would be better to visit the parish priests, if you can. Or at least talk by phone. Otherwise try sending an email. Parish acts are not on line.
scalim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scalim »

Thank you so much for your help!
goriogal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by goriogal »

My relatives are from Pasiano, Pordenone and I have been working on my family tree for many years. Unfortunately, most of the parish records in Pasiano were kept in Cicchini and were destroyed in a fire many years ago.