Is Teresin a place in Italy?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DavidMilwaukee

Is Teresin a place in Italy?

Post by DavidMilwaukee »

That was given as the place of birth on a WWII draft registration card. I can find no place in Italy with that name on google earth. Any help would be appreciated.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Is Teresin a place in Italy?

Post by suanj »

If your ancestor was Ernest Renna, well the his birthplace is TERRACINA.
RENNA Ernesto son of Giorgio and of (no name of mother) N.N., born on 25/09/1885 in Terracina, local military district of Terracina, provincial military district of Velletri, military registration number 30923, profession Contadino (farmer) No able to write, No able to read, emigrated in New York

http://www.archiviodistatofrosinone.ben ... php?id=419
regards,
suanj
the skilful's success annoys the envious

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

It is almost certainly not spelled correctly. There are quite a few immigrants in the U.S. from Terrasini, Sicily. If you can give us some details like name and birth date it might be easy to check some of the logical alternatives for his birthplace.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

By ancestry.com just 1 record, of WWII draft registration card have as italian birthplace: Teresin.. and it is of Ernest Renna..

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lbernardiii

Post by lbernardiii »

It is possible it is Nocera Terinese, Calabria?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The poster, started just 2 topics. This is the other https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 00#p297100
While tracing my wife's ancestry one of her female ancestor's maiden name is given as Delegorma. The only source we can find for this is an obituary. We know she was married before she came to America so none of the immigration records show maiden name. And we know she famously could not write. She signed her name with an "X" into her 80's. Any help would be appreciated.
Ernesto Renna born in Terracina, that I found because IS THE ONLY name having Teresin as birthplace on WWII draft registration card
That was given as the place of birth on a WWII draft registration card.
and as I said just one in the full database have Teresin has birthplace, and the his name was Ernesto Renna, born in Terracina.
Ernesto was married to Laura DI GIROLAMO. In the second topic the poster don't knew the her maiden name, because Laura was illiterate and signed by a X so for soundex someone wrote Delegorma. no in italian spelling is DI GIROLAMO and Laura also was born in Terracina and arrived on 1913 in USA. She was 20 old. and she had 1 daughter Annita Renna 4 month old born in Terracina and joining to husband Ernesto Renna.

In Italy, in Terracina the surname of Ernesto was RINNA that in USA became Renna, here the birth of baby Annita, and Ernesto was in America so the informant was the midwife http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
the solution in many searches comes precisely from the pronunciation of the vowels of the Italian name in English.
I am positive abt my search but just the poster can say yes or not..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH