Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia

Post by Barbarossa »

Does anyone have access to civil records for these areas of Foggia ? Indexed, or searchable ?
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia

Post by Biff83 »

Some available online; some searchable on Familysearch for Celenza Valfortore; some only viewable at a Family History Center or Affliliate Library.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Some available online; others only viewable at a FHC or Affliate for San Marco

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

Yes, thanks Biff but what I meant was if anyone had the files downloaded to google or other cloud drive to share, from the catalogue.

The utility I had to do so isn't working for me

The notion you need to go to a specific centre is pretty ridiculous now - if files of public record are digitally available now, FS shouldn't be putting people through this any longer. There's no reason really that some Antenati site records can be accessed and others can't in the same way. Just my opinion. It's like their holding our ancestors hostage for a price.
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite

Post by NickAndreola »

"it's like their holding our ancestors hostage for a price." :lol:

I've only run into a few family connections from C V, so I haven't spent the time to index the records.

I was at a FHC to view all the records for that area that are NOT available online and asked them If I could just download the entire file......for all the laughs I got, I thought I probably should take my comedy show on the road :lol:

Nothing to do with the topic but I thought I'd share this to maybe prevent the faux pas for others....

While at the FHC, one of the workers had brought a cake and was sharing it with everyone...She asked me how it was.....I said the only thing that'd make it better is big hot cup of coffee... :oops: :lol: