Members living in Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Members living in Italy

Post by poliquie »

Dear friends,

I know there are members of this forum that live in Italy, and I wonder how everyone is doing in light of the coronavirus? I know it is impacting everyone but Italy has been hard hit. Please let us know how you are. It will also help me in knowing how to better pray for you too.

Dio ti Benedica

Eva
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Members living in Italy

Post by suanj »

Eva I live in Italy. I am italian…
we live in terror of going out and touching .. and breathing ... I have not left the house for 21 days. My husband comes out protected with a mask and gloves but we don't know if these precautions are really enough. We have 700 to 800 deaths a day. Without funeral. Send to the crematorium. Coffins and coffins. The people died alone. Without religious comfort. Churches closed. Every week they say it's peak week. The World Health Organization today says it will be the peak next week. The next... and the next… We don't know whether we will live or not.
I don't think it's a random epidemic. I think someone wanted that but no God.
God will help us.
Pray the Rosary.
We pray with Rosary in our hands.
PRAY FOR ITALY.
God bless.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Hi Eva,
we are at home in Roma (me, wife, two boys, and 88-years-old mother-in-law), and we are fine, by now.
I work from home, and my wife does too. We are quite young, and not so worried for ourselves (though it might be dangerous) but for our older dear ones. We don't go out above all for not spreading the epidemy.
You see, we can still work, but there are a lot of people who get their money day by day, and are having big problems, now.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Pippo my region, I think it is to end of list for contagions and deaths, but we don't know how the situation evolves .. I love the caution… and so many peoples deceased .. it's terrifying..
PRAY for ITALY,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Post by JamesM »

Hi Eva,
My family is at home in Esperia in the province of Frosinone. Everyone is fine. We don't really worry for ourselves but it is our older neighbors and countrymen that we pray for.
We also worry for the many that are unemployed because of the virus here. We ponder the effects this will have on their livelihood.

We only walk to the market and directly back home. Nothing else.
The kids are a bit restless but are handling it quite well. We are fortunate to have a very large yard where they can go play.

Our neighbor works as a nurse at the hospital in Cassino. We share a coffee with each other every afternoon at 5:30. He on his balcony and I on mine. If there is a light at the end of the tunnel, he states that the hospital, that he works in, is finally receiving equipment and pharmaceuticals on timely schedule. Fingers crossed!

James
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite

Post by NickAndreola »

"he states that the hospital, that he works in, is finally receiving equipment and pharmaceuticals on timely schedule"

Evidently thanks to China, Russia & Cuba.......https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... a-and-cuba
little help from us because we are stuck with the uomo arancione con la testa nella sabbia e senza cuore.

I read another article about some Italian hospitals converting scuba equipment into respirators.....one one side, I am overwhelmed by the obvious need and desperation...on the other side, I am in admiration of the sheer creativity and inventiveness of the Italian people!

I think of y'all everyday and I wish there was more I could do to help.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

Thank you so much for your replies. I am glad you are well despite the terror of the situation. My heart goes out to you and your families. Suanj, I can’t imagine how frightening that is to see so many deaths and not even be allowed to have services for those that die. In the US, the immediate family has been allowed at the services.

James and Pippo, I am glad to hear you are staying well. Pippo it is nice to know you and your wife can still work. Many, including here in the states are not so fortunate. I don’t know how long people can be without income. Many businesses are forced to shut their businesses down and I wonder if they will ever be able to recover.

James I am glad to hear the good report regarding health equipment. As Nick stated, these are times for creativity to be utilized when equipment is scarce.

Thanks again for the updates. It helps to know how to pray for you, and it let’s us know you are okay. Please stay in touch. I am grateful we still have internet communication open, and the virus can’t be transmitted via computer🤗.

Dio ti bendica
Eva
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Thank you Eva for your empathy.
I live in Veneto, 3 km from where the epidemic exploded. I live alone, just like a hermit, in an isolated house. I connect to the internet, study and read at home, but I can also take long solitary walks in the woods and fields in search of edible spring herbs. It is forbidden, but there is no one around here :) , not even the carabinieri :!: Every few days I go shopping in the nearest store. I consider myself much luckier than my fellow citizens. Let's hope my luck continues.
Attachments
Casa_V.jpg
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

Your place in Veneto looks like it is lovely. There are certainly benefits to living in The country especially during times like this. I think the fresh air and getting out for a walk is a good thing. I pray you continue to be well. 😄
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

Words cannot describe how heartbreaking it is to see what is happening in the world, especially in Italy. In the US, cases and deaths are just starting to increase day by day. It is so horrible.....

suanj----yes, we need to pray and pray the Rosary.

Hope everyone stays well

Buona salute a tutti

Praying
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

poliquie wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 20:47 Your place in Veneto looks like it is lovely. There are certainly benefits to living in The country especially during times like this. I think the fresh air and getting out for a walk is a good thing. I pray you continue to be well. 😄
Grazie
Attachments
89935453_1601180120034058_3358789284466262016_n.jpg
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

Pretty picture. Is that fresh asparagus on the left?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

On the left
Asparagus acutifolius, common name wild asparagus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagus_acutifolius

On the right
Tamus Communis/Dioscorea communis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dioscorea_communis
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

Yum! Fresh asparagus is 😊
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

I love it sautéed with garlic and oil and served with pasta!