Help Finding the Hamlet of Maisonetta Superiore

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
JohnBhoy
Veteran
Veteran

Help Finding the Hamlet of Maisonetta Superiore

Post by JohnBhoy »

Looking for some help /guidance on how to locate old maps for Northern Italy, Piedmont Region.

Tracking my family roots I can see that so far they are from the Susa Valley region, Sant'Antonino Di Susa, Sant' Ambrogio and Mocchie.

On some records I have an address such as the Hamlet of Maisonetta Superiore or 28 Maisonetta - these are in Sant'Antonino di Susa area but I can't seem to locate anything to identify the exact area from this.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
John
bbivona
Master
Master

Re: Help Finding the Hamlet of Maisonetta Superiore

Post by bbivona »

You can see it here. Heading just south of Sant'Antonino you'll see Santa Margherita. Just south of that in small type is Maisonetta. This map is from circa 1860.

https://mapire.eu/en/synchron/europe-19 ... =158%2C164
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
JohnBhoy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help Finding the Hamlet of Maisonetta Superiore

Post by JohnBhoy »

thank you both very much for that, it helps localise the data I have so far for my ancestors, with the great help from the forum members that have made many translations for me and given me great pointers in my research.

My story builds almost daily.

many thanks once again,
John