I need help finding this place

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
juli65

I need help finding this place

Post by juli65 »

Hi, I'm trying to find where my great-great-grandfather was born in Italy, but I don't have any documents stating where he was from yet (they only say he was italian). All I have is my great-great-grandmother's death certificate from 1941, which says where she was born. It says the name of the town, and it states that it's (or was) in the Province of Cuneo. However, I'm having some trouble finding said town. I've found a couple of similar named places, like Camo, Carde, Carru, but I'm not sure. I'd appreciate if anyone could maybe understand what's written.

It looks like "Carno", or "Curno" to me.
https://imgur.com/kfQjqbQ (It's underlined in red)

Here's the full death certificate. It's in spanish, but I guess it can be useful to compare how every letter was written
https://imgur.com/1nuTFFm
juli65

Re: I need help finding this place

Post by juli65 »

Well, after calling some relatives that I didn't know of when I posted this, I found out that she was born in Caraglio, Cuneo. It makes sense because it was "Caraj" in the local dialect, and that kind of resembles what is written in her death certificate.
balconis

Post by balconis »

angera
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi
Yes Caraglio makes a lot of sense, as Molineri is a common surname here. As she was born in 1869 her birth was registered at the Stato Civile.
This is the address for the Ufficio dello Stato Civile di Caraglio protocollo@comune.caraglio.cn.it
What about Angera?
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan