Father Francesco Tonarelli, de Bagnone

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Felicee

Father Francesco Tonarelli, de Bagnone

Post by Felicee »

Our family has been searching for information on our ancestor, Father Frances Tonarelli de Bagnone, He was born in 1610 and made his profession in the Capuchin Order at "Faventia" in 1634. He was an outstanding preacher of great renown, especially in the ducay of Parma. He died at Parma on April 4, 1692. He wrote the book II Cappucino a Parma, Quattro Secoli di Vita. He was noted for his virtue and "miracles". He wrote and published several works on spirituality which gained wide circulation among the people. There is one reference in the Analecta OFMCap. He belonged at first to the Capuchin province of Bolognia, and then that of Lombary (Milan). One othe reference we gathered mentions him as "Servo di Dio", but no other information has been found.

Father Frances Tonarelli is special to our family, and we would like to learn more about him. We have received one letter in December 22, 1978 from a Father Donald Viest at the St. Bonaventure Monastery in Detroit Michigan. They did find some information, as written above. I have taken it upon myself to investigate further. Something is urging me to do this. I am so proud of this man, and I would like to learn more about him.

The last information on the Tonarell name is a Pietro Tonarelli, born in Lusignana Italy. We have more information on his son, Bernardo Tonarelli, died 1893 in Lusignana, Italy, he married Caroliina Lecia. His daughter is my grandmother. We would like to connect Father Tonarelli to these ancestors.

Please help us locate this Saintly relative of ours. Thank you, and I hope I have written to the correct people, but I don't know where else to turn. Thank you very much.
rtonarelli

Re: Father Francesco Tonarelli, de Bagnone

Post by rtonarelli »

Hello. I am responding to the person inquiring about Father Francesco Tonarelli, the Capuchin Monk. He too is one of our family's ancestors. My Grandfather was Luigi Tonarelli. My Great-Grandfather was named Bernardo Tonarelli, also born in Lusignana, Italy.

I am wondering what your Grandmother's name was?
Felicee

Post by Felicee »

I am so delighted to hear from you.
My Grandmother's name was Clementina (Tonarelli) Bardoni. Bernardo Tonarelli was her father. The children of Bernaro were: Clementina, Maria, Rosalla, Conchetta and Ernesto Tonarelli. Bernardo married Carolina Lecia. I have in my records that Pietro Tonarelli and Maria Rosa had Bernardo Tonarelli, who was born (or died-records kind of mixed up) in 1894 in Lusignana, Italy. Bernardo Tonarelli would be my great grandfather, also. If Luigi Tonarelli is your grandfather, then he must have been my grandmother, Clementina's brother. I do not have his name in my records, but you know, he might have been the 6th offspring, although I only show 5.

I have more information on Father Francesco I can send you. It is a biblography of him. Go to this web:

http://www.bagnonemia.it/Gurguglione/Fa ... icolo4.htm

You can scroll to the different stories, and in it, you will find this great story of him. It is in Itallian, but I have had it translated.

I would love to hear from you and perhaps send you the translated or Italian bibliography on Father Tonarelli. I have many other writings on him.

Bernardo would be my mother's grandfather.
My records show:
Pietro Tonarelli married to Maria Rosa who had Bernardo Tonarelli.

My grandmother married Felice Bardoni.

Please let us correspond further. I am anxious to trace my ancestors as far as I can.

Felicee
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Felicee and rtonarelli -

This is very interesting, if you find out that you two are related can you post back and let us (people on the forum) know? It would be great that you found each other.

Good luck
Elizabeth
Felicee

Post by Felicee »

Yes, I'm sure we are related. I will keep in touch.
rtonarelli

Post by rtonarelli »

Yes I too believe we are related. I just got off the phone with my Dad who believes that perhaps you are his cousin Mary daughter. I sent you an e-mail directly. Lets keep in touch. I would like that translation and any other of the documents you may have on Padre Francesco. I can send you what I have.

Thanks for making my day. This was really exciting!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found this( in italian language):
PADRE FRANCESCO DA BAGNONE ( religious name)

Al secolo Tonarelli Bernardino( birth name)

Il Cappuccino lunigianese

che previde la vittoria dei cristiani e la liberazione di Vienna

Venerabile taumaturgo alla corte dei Farnese

Da: Il Corriere Aprano, Sabato 4 Agosto 2001 – Anno XCIV - N. 31

di Antonio Zanni (source)
------
Non certo ultimo, il padre Francesco da Bagnone, che nato a Brigondola di Castevoli( birth town), battezzato a Villafranca (baptism town), visse la sua adolescenza a Bagnone( residence town).

Del suo nascimento delle estasi e dei ratti, del suo spirito di profezia, e del suo dono di operare miracoli, parla diffusamente il libro di Gioachino da Soragna : Memorie del venerabile Servo di Dio P.F. Francesco da Bagnone…

Stampato a Parma, da Pazzoni e Monti, nel 1703. (source)

----------
abstract:
Il Comandante Ernest Rudiger Starhemberg, aveva giurato di difendere Vienna fino all’ultima goccia di sangue. Tutto il mondo cristiano attendeva con il fiato sospeso la notizia della caduta della città ormai allo stremo, assediata da un esercito formidabile di 300.000 turchi al comando di Kara Mustafà.

Vienna era la porta d’Europa e la sua caduta avrebbe portato l’Islam a dilagare in Germania e in Italia. “Dal campo turchesco vi fu chi ne scrisse a un negoziante di Venezia la baldanzosa minacciaâ€
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rtonarelli

Post by rtonarelli »

Thanks very much. Now to translate it! Buon Giorno.
Felicee

Post by Felicee »

Thank you for that bibliography on Father Francesco. Yes, I have this one, and I have translated it in English. I also have the Italian version. Thanks, and please keep us posted.

Felice
clu612

Post by clu612 »

Hola. MY grandfather was Ernesto Luigi Tonarelli. The information we have is that we pictures of his last surviving sister in the mountains of Massa Carrara. There is a coat of arms at the main entrance that looks like a stack of hay tied in the middle.
Our grandfather came to New York. Ended up in Denver working for a Mining company. He went to Guadalajara with other Italian men to work in the Mines. I have group pictures from the early 1900's of my grandfather and his group of co workers. I have pictures as their families greww and their model t. cars in the desert areas of Guadalajara. e married my grandmother Sabina Malagon a native woman( as did some of the other men). Our uncle Luis Tonarelli from San Francisco,Ca. Went to Massa Carara and took picutres and brought back the Il cuatro secoli de vita (1961 edition), the Capuchine history . I have a copy it has a light blue cover. When our grandfather died in Mexico, our grandmother sold his lands and cattle and brought the family back to the USA.
In the past I've written to Lino Tonarelli, at Filatierra, Massa Carrara. The mountain scenes are fantastic. Too bad I have not been able to go. My mother's name is Carolina Tonarelli.
Luis Humberto Tonarelli Caire
rtonarelli

Post by rtonarelli »

Hello there.Small world. I am actually your first cousin as I am one of the daughters of Luis Tonarelli. I have met some of you in the past (1972 or so on Texas). I do recall some of your brothers and am in contact with your sister, Julietta and Yuri, your niece. They were presented at my dad's furneral a few years back. Lino passed away in 1991 or so. Hopefully we can meet someday...maybe at Yuri's wedding sometime in the future.
clu612

Post by clu612 »

I agree the world keeps getting smaller. My name is Luis and Julie is my sister. I keep in touch with family through her. I am in Minneapolis. I have probably seen in pictures Julie sends me but I do not know which of the lady cousins you are. I ran into a book that illustrated a picture of Francesco de Bagone. I needed to know if he was one of the founders. Your dad(our Uncle) gave our mom a book. That book has traveled with me much and I made it a point to preserve all the Photos our mother had by keeping them in one place9with me). I went to your home many years ago on Tipperary St. when I had a job opportunity at San Quentin. I used to work at Stateville Max Penitenciary in Illinois.
As all of your family perhaps heard, I have a colorful background in two countries :-). Nice to meet you. Would your family have a picture of Sabinas Dad? That is the only picture I left our mom. Now it is lost. He was wearing a black and silver charro outfit. Hasta luego, Luis
rtonarelli

Post by rtonarelli »

Hello there. Good to hear from you again. No known details about your past. No worries. We are all human and have some failures in life. I will be going over to my Mom's today and I pretty sure there is a picture of the maternal great grandfather. Would you like me to send it to Julietta's address if I find it? Let me know. Merry Christmas and may the new year be a blessing of good health and joy. Ciao.

P.S. if you are on Face Book contact me to be a friend so you can have access to some photos of my brother's visit to the ancestral town and home! Cheers!