Address???

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Rogerusa
Rookie
Rookie

Address???

Post by Rogerusa »

Hi, i will start look for my wife's great grandparents Birth certificate and i really appreciate how can tell me where to send a letter asking for information.
I know they both are from Terlizzi - Bary, Italy, but i don't know from who to send something.
Can someone give me a help on this...or at least start this whole thing.

Thank you guys!!!

:idea:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Address???

Post by nuccia »

Rogerusa,

A couple of questions for you. Your wife's great grandparents are from Terlizzi..is it confirmed that they were born there or just living there? Have you any American documentation (did they come to the US)?

Are you requesting the birth certification for dual citizenship status or do you require the actual birth act (which includes more info such as parents names, ages, possible grandparents names, etc) for genealogy purposes?

Let us know and we can point you in the right direction!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

The address for the Terlizzi is as follows:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza IV Novembre 19
70038 Terlizzi (BA)
Italy

Phone: ++39 080 3542011
Fax: ++39 080 3542011

Hope I've written this correctly. Perhaps one of our Italian members can confirm?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Rogerusa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rogerusa »

My wife's grandmother told us that they are from Terlizzi, but yeah, i don't know if they born there, this is a good point. They come to US, my wife and her grandmother will start put the docs together, her grandmother has something, but the birth certificate is the one that we need from outside of the country that will be hard, well...we can use some help from other websites to look for this birth certificate, but if a can get this w/o using my credit card will be fantastic. I really appreciate your help. I can give you more information, so you can help me. I know they will get most of the docs, but i want to help them in something you know.

I am requesting the birth certification for dual citizenship status.

I would like to get more information about them. there is a site ancestry..... and i saw their names. i may get all the information a need there. Do i have to pay for those information right?
I tried 14 days free but they don't let see the information. well...

If i write a letter to the comune, can you give me a exemplo how to approach them? Like, do you have a pilot, or a sample...
I hope you can help.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

Hi, Roger,

Ancestry does not have many Italian records online. In fact, I think it is only two towns right now. You will find a lot of old American records: the census until 1930, draft cards, US passport applications until 1920, ship manifests, etc... But if you are looking for either Italian documents or documents of the recent past, ancestry would not be the place to find them. For privacy reasons, most of the docs on ancestry are about 75 yrs. old or older.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Rogerusa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rogerusa »

there is a place that you advise me? I just need to know the place where they were born so i can start from that.

I am really being help in this site.

Thank you everyone.

God bless you all
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

If you post the info you are looking for I can try and look it up for you. Be as specific as possible. Names, city, spouses name (maiden name as well), children names, etc. You really need to do all your American research first just to confirm all the info, and then you can proceed to what you want.

You won't found what your need online for dual citizenship. You will need to write away for the actual birth certificate issued for this very purpose and then have all you documents translated. It can be expensive and very time consuming,. I'm in the process of doing it myself.

Are you sure you qualify for dual citizenship?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Rogerusa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rogerusa »

Yes, we qualify for dual citizenship.