San Vito Chietino , Abruzzi....

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

San Vito Chietino , Abruzzi....

Post by TonyDiNobile »

I am trying to make contact with someone who has access to records in San Vito Chietino....If anyone can help I would it would be Appreciated....Thank You ,

Tony
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: San Vito Chietino , Abruzzi....

Post by PeterTimber »

Are you talking about church records of civil records inSan Vito Chietino? In any event send an e-mail to Info@sanvitochietino.com and request the informartion you seek. But please get back to to us so that we can assit you at the same time..the more information the better. =Peter=
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Thanks Peter....What I am trying to do is help a lady who contacted me while doing her own research on the Di Nobile surname....Her Grand Father & Great Uncle were Guiseppe & Luigi Di Nobile born about 1884 & 1885....** Her cousin said that Luigi is listed in Ellis Island as arriving in 1901 from Palma(I assumed in Campania) , but when I went looking for Guiseppe I could Not find one from Palma like his brother....So I figured she had found the wrong Luigi Di Nobile....Further searching I turned up a Luigi & Guiseppe Di Nobile both arriving in 1907 from San Vito Chietino , so I assume that these two were the correct Di Nobile Brothers....Their Father I believe was Giovanni Di Nobile who arrived in 1899....Ideally I could find information that ties these 3 together so that I know that I have the right family.....Also , we both are interested in determining if there is a relation between my Di Nobile ancestors from Ripalimosani , Molise and her ancestors in San Vito Chietino....I understand that this last request is a long shot to determine , but with time and contacts who knows I may figure this out yet !....Thank You ,

Tony Di Nobile
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Please let us know where we can assist you. =peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Tony,

I don't know if this information will help you or confuse you more, but the name appears with many spelling variations on the ships' manifests depending on who transcribed it.

For example:

DiNobile
Di Nobile
Dinobile
DeNobile
De Nobile
Denobile

Have you checked all of these possibilities?
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Yes I am aware of the various spellings on ship Manifest....It does make it somewhat confusing....However , I am fairly confident that the 2 variations

Di Nobile

De Nobile

are legimate , I have been trying to determine if the ones above derive from a common surname or are totally unique....As I mentioned I am really trying to help someone determine the town of origin for her Di Nobile line(might be San Vito Chietino in Abruzzi) and next--The Really difficult part determine if there is any relation between her Di Nobile line and mine from Ripalimosani in Molise....
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

what would the best a way(source) to determine If faimlies with the same surname from differents towns in Italy are related ?....Thanks ,

Tony