difference between offices and records

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mescea

difference between offices and records

Post by mescea »

If I am interested in finding any/all info on an ancestor in Cefalu, and I already have some basic info about the relative that I'm searching for, then what is the difference between the records I might obtain from the stato civile and the registry office? It sounds like the records from the registry office would give me the whole family's statistics, but from the stato civile I would obtain more specific records, like a certain person's birth or death record. Am I reading that right? Second part of my question is this... how would I find the addresses for each of these offices if I, of course, know the comune (Cefalu) that I'm searching for?

Thanks for any help!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: difference between offices and records

Post by Italysearcher »

In small towns the Stato Civile and the Anagrafe offices are the same thing. To find the address, put comune di Cefalu in the Google search box and you should come up with the town website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.