GRASSANO in the province of Matera, region of Basilicata..

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
FMLYGENIE

GRASSANO in the province of Matera, region of Basilicata..

Post by FMLYGENIE »

My G-Mother's family came from GRASSANO in the province of Matera, in the Southern Italian region of Basilicata..
I am interested in any info about LOGUERCIO/DeMARCO
G-Mother Grazia LOGUERCIO b. 1888 siblings Joseph, Dominic, Rosa, Teresa
Father- Dominic either only child or only living child
Mother-Antoinette (DeMARCO) only child or only living child
any help pls
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GRASSANO in the province of Matera, region of Basilicata

Post by meticulousmobile »

There may be listings for grassano in the FHC library catalog, but I was wondering if you had read "Christ stopped at Eboli" by Carlo Levi, its a great book about that region, and it gives a good description of Grassano during the 1930s as well. Also, my family (Pennella) is from Grumento Nova, not far from Grassano, and in viewing the town records I believe I have seen the name Paradiso quite a few times, just something to think about. Good luck!
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.
FMLYGENIE

Re: GRASSANO in the province of Matera, region of Basilicata

Post by FMLYGENIE »

meticulousmobile,
Thanks for the info..
I will do just that.
Thank you also for sharing your experiance in your search..I will look at surrounding areas. I thought Santeramo was sort of isolated..
Have you seen the things on "youtube"? It is so cool.. One of the young people took a video walking tour of the town of GRASSANO..they have a lot of sports video and some festivals.
There are so many more sources for our searches than gen sites..we just have to be more open to the fact that there is a "world" in the WWW!
Happy hunting!

Jeri (PARADISO)Pohlman
LOGUERCIO,DeMARCO, MARASCO