Procida Records

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
EllenD

Procida Records

Post by EllenD » 09 Jul 2019, 20:32

Does anyone have any knowledge on locating genealogical records from Procida (not Monte di Procida)? I haven't been able to learn much about this branch of the family because I could never find any records. My great-grandmother, Maria Scotto (di Perta) was born 18 DEC 1907 in Procida and later emigrated to NY. Her parents were Antonio Scotto di Perta (born ~ 1874) and Carmela Barone (born ~ 1875). According to the passenger list in 1920, the fathers of both Antonio & Carmela were living in Procida at that time; their names are Vincenzo Scotto di Perta and Salvatore Barone.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.

Regards,
Ellen

TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: Procida Records

Post by TerraLavoro » 09 Jul 2019, 23:57

Ellen, you might consider joining this group that has indexed and digitized the Procida civil and church records:

https://www.procida-family.com/US/index.htm

The members mostly live in France today...the descendants of Procidani and Ischitani who first emigrated to Algeria and Tunisia, and upon the independence of those countries moved on to France.

They have done an excellent job with archiving the records (I know firsthand as my paternal GF was born in Forio d'Ischia).

I am sure that you'll find a wealth of information.
TerraLavoro

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno » 10 Jul 2019, 00:49

Look
Attachments
Cattura2.JPG
Cattura1.JPG
Cattura.JPG

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno » 10 Jul 2019, 00:49

Attachments
Cattura4.JPG
Cattura3.JPG

EllenD

Post by EllenD » 10 Jul 2019, 17:01

This is an amazing find - thank you so much for sharing! It is unfortunate that they only bill members on a calendar year basis; it does not seem economical to join now. I am salivating over the possible records (I think I see the marriage of Antonio Scotto di Perta & Carmela Barone) since this has been a dead end for so long. I guess I will wait until January to join. But thank you so much for informing me of the existence of this group. What is the fee/number of points charged to receive a copy of a document?
Regards,
Ellen

TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro » 10 Jul 2019, 18:58

The easy way to find out is to send an email....I bet Pascal would offer to pro-rate the membership considering it is already July 10.
TerraLavoro

EllenD

Post by EllenD » 11 Jul 2019, 15:11

Thank you for the suggestion - I will try that!