Ellis Island One-Step Search

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

It appears that the one-step pages on the JewishGen server will be down for a bit
The re-hosting of the JewishGen servers from Texas to their new location at the ancestry. com data center is now in progress.
We hope to make this transition as quickly as possible. But in order to ensure the complete and reliable transfer of data, it is necessary to completely shut down all JewishGen servers for a period of time.
We will start up the new servers as soon as possible, but we may encounter some "bumps" in our initial operations in the new location, as there are many programs and operations to be ported and configured.
We anticipate that after the transition, JewishGen will be stronger, faster, and more reliable than ever. Thank you for your continued patience and support, and we look forward to providing you with an ever-improving JewishGen experience.
In the meantime, the FamilySearch Labs site has a nice search engine for these manifests
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... 367819#p=0
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Ellis Island One-Step Search

Post by misbris »

thanks for the "heads up" vj. I would have been going out of my mind. Can we still access links already posted?

MJ
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hey MJ!
I'm pretty sure any image captured on imageshack or another service is OK.
Not sure if direct links will work, but they should since the Ellis Island site shouldn't be affected.
Ellis Island

I like the search options/previews on FamilySearch Labs while the one-step pages are down.

Thanks for clearing up any confusion I may have caused.
Valarie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The gold form is down, I used the white form this morning.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I have been using the white pages all weekend. Steve emailed me about a month ago and said he was updating his servers.

Imageshack links will work, but they do expire after all if they haven't been clicked in a while. This is why sometimes you click on a link and it's dead.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

And not because in an effort to clean up my imageshack account I deleted the images that were older than 6 months!!! :P
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."