Marriage Records Cleveland, Ohio

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Marriage Records Cleveland, Ohio

Post by sal4 »

Is there any way to obtain a marriage date (other than paying) in Cuyahoga County/Cleveland, Ohio? I have Ancesrty.com and I can't come up with a marriage date...The names are Antimo Laudato & Teresa Guidicianni.. I know that they were married around 1914.....I do not know if they were married in a church or in a court house.....On Court View 2000 Cleveland, Ohio site the records show their names but no actual date...and they have Teresa last name listed as Gindizianni........Any info would be greatly appreciated...Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Marriage Records Cleveland, Ohio

Post by wldspirit »

Checked the Lds site, no marriage record, only the death certificate for Andrew/Andy....
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

My experience has been that requesting copies of documents from the Cleveland Archives is useless. I have sent info request, check for amount, return envelope and no response. Check never cashed. I visited there once and archives seemed very understaffed. Actually one of the worst I have been in.

I have contacted the probate court for records found in the index. I think they charged me about $2.00 per record (this was 5 years ago) and sent them quickly.

Debbie
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Wldspirt..........Thank you for looking....I looked also on LDS with no luck..... :cry:

Debbie....Are you from Cleveland?...... I have also called the Cleveland Catholic Diocese and they also never get back to me.....I don't know which parish they could of been married at if they were even married in a church, and who even knows what part of Cleveland they were living in at the time.....I have to start the census searches tonight........I have a cousin that is a priest & he is here visiting and it is driving him crazy trying to find out the marriage date....He mentioned that he may call a friend that is a priest in Cleveland to see if he can get us the info.....Thanks for your help also......Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

I don't live in Ohio, but have researched an ancestor there, back to 1830.

I would suggest calling the probate court to check on the price of the record. You have the names and number from the index. Realize you asked for no cost options, but it may only cost a few $ to get the info from the court.

If you have access you can try historical newspapers. Ohio has alot of papers available. Often marriages are published, the list comes from the court. Genealogybank and newspaperarchives are two options.

Debbie
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

I do have the index# and I just may contact the Probate Court.....I just wonder do the cemetery records show the marriage info? When my Father passed away we had to give a copy of my parents marriage certificate to the Funeral Home.....I just may check with Lakeview Cemetery..........Thanks ...........Sal4
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Newspapers can be a valuable source of information, perhaps there was an obituary published? I have some obituaries on my husbands line from the very early 1900's.....they read like a life story!! :lol:

wldspirit

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Not much in way of a Google Archives search, except this:

Ohio State Reports - LAUDATO v. CONSTRUCTION Co., 135 Ohio St. 127 …
Pay-Per-View - Ohio State Reports - Loislaw - Mar 8, 1939
LAUDATO v. CONSTRUCTION Co., 135 Ohio St. 127 (1939) 19 NE2d 898 LAUDATO, APPELLE v. THE HUNKIN-CONKEY CONSTRUCTION Co., APPELLANT. No. ...

I'll see what ancestry has in way of Ohio newspapers...
wldspirit

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

I really don't know if there was an obit or not...........I'm just starting my search on the Laudato & Giudicianni side of the family........All of the children of this family have passed and I need to talk to some of the older Grandchildren to see what light they can shed on the family.........My husband never knew his Grandfather & his Grandmother passes when he was about 3-4 yrs old.........Thanks...........Sal4
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Another suggestion....naturalization records. I recently came across a naturalization for a widow who listed the husbands birth date, place and marriage information as well as his date of death.
wldspirit

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

I really don't know if either were naturalized, this is a new search project for me.........Antimo died when my mother in law was 12 yrs old, so about 1943-1946.....I really don't think that Teresa became a citizen...she couldn't read, write or speak English from the stories my mother in law use to tell my kids about her childhood........They were very poor and the older siblings had to support them after the father died... Sal4
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Well if you need any help in locating records just ask..... :lol:
I know our members always come thru in a pinch!!
And I think the death certificate I saw stated 1943....would have to double check.
wldspirit

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank You for your help!!! I'm starting my search on Ancestry.com as we speak......... I have always relied on the members here at IG and they have always been so helpful, without the members I would never have the history of my family coming to America.........and if I can be of help to anyone please let me know.....Sal4