Marriage records

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Marriage records

Post by sal4 »

I have been searching the Italian Databases on Ancestry.com and I haven't been able to find my Great Grandparents marriage record. I have searched the town I know my GGrandfather is from and where all their children were born..... If the woman was from another town, would they of been married in the town she was from.....Thanks........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Marriage records

Post by eyetalgal »

that was the common thing. he went to her commune
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

I always thought she was Piedimonte D'Alfie same as my G Grandfather, but I still can't find their marriage records........Do you know of other town that Tartaglia's may be from?.....Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

if you go to the Ellis Island site and search for Tartaglia you'll find there were about 750 travelers with that name from all over Italy. Too many communes to mention.

Try this link

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB ... ECTION=asc
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank You, I will check out the link you suggested....Sal4
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sal you did not provide any dates or year(s) of arrival which would narrow the field of research for the information you seek. Social security records and her application for same (SS-5) may provide the missing information consistent with the appropriate time frame. =Peter=
~Peter~
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Peter,
My Great Grandparents never came to America, so there is nothing I can provide as of records,I would assume they would of been married about 1865 to 1870 I have been searching the Caserta Piedimonte D'Alfie records that are in written in Italian on Ancestry.com..... I can find all the birth records for their children but not for their marriage, but I will keep searching to see maybe they were married in a different town.......Sal4
leyra.86

Post by leyra.86 »

he name of the country was Piedimonte d'Alife. have sent the letter to the municipality?
search
D'ERRICO antoniette and FEOLA michael
living 1970 IN ASTORIA jackson heights
NEW YORK
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I have been searching the Italian Databases on Ancestry.com and I haven't been able to find my Great Grandparents marriage record. I have searched the town I know my GGrandfather is from and where all their children were born..... If the woman was from another town, would they of been married in the town she was from.....Thanks........Sal4
Couples usually married in the town where the bride lived and that is where the marriage record would have been recorded. However, if the groom was from a different town, then pubblicazioni would have been recorded in both towns. I would suggest checking out the pubblicazioni for Piedimonte D'Alfie. That record would show the town of origin for both the bride and the groom. The civil records for Piedimonte D'Alfie have been micrfilmed by the LDS, including pubblicazioni from 1866 to 1929.
I always thought she was Piedimonte D'Alfie same as my G Grandfather, but I still can't find their marriage records........Do you know of other town that Tartaglia's may be from?
The surname Tartaglia can be found in many towns throughout Campania. Go to the surname search engine at http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html to see a complete list. Note that Piedimonte Matese (of which Piedimonte d'Alife is now a frazione) is not one of those towns listed.
John Armellino
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

I have not sent a letter to the municipality as of yet.....and the records I'm searching are of Caserta Pieimonte D'Alfie starting 1866 to 1929 on Ancestry.com.............I have started searching 1866 and each year after that, the 1st child that I have found so far was born in 1867.....So I assume that they were married before 1866...........Sal4
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I have started searching 1866 and each year after that, the 1st child that I have found so far was born in 1867.....So I assume that they were married before 1866
If the child born in 1867 was their first child then you might get lucky in 1866 or 1867. The film details on the LDS website only include nati, matrimoni, morti, diversi, and processetti. However, you do occasionally find other records mixed in. The only way to know for sure if any pubblicazioni are included is to order the films and search the records...or find someone who is familiar with the films for that town.

Have you found your GGM's death record? Sometimes the decedent's town of origin is stated in the death record.
John Armellino
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

The records I'm searching are all of the records you are mentioning, which I believe are the LDS microfilms which are now on Ancestry.com...I have not found my GGrandmother's death record yet........Sal4
sanlevey@verizon.net

Post by sanlevey@verizon.net »

Marriage data base in NYC 1900-1903
valentind56

Post by valentind56 »

sal4 wrote: 09 Jan 2011, 06:34 I always thought she was Piedimonte D'Alfie same as my G Grandfather Stockage Mobile, but I still can't find their marriage records........Do you know of other town that Tartaglia's may be from?.....Sal4
Maybe you could use genealogy software to locate the person.
leyra86
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leyra86 »

Hi, hi live in Piedimonte. Access archive :) help you