Help from Scotland for telephone number please

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Help from Scotland for telephone number please

Post by acartia »

I am in Australia and I have been unable to contact my Italian cousin living in Scotland.I have a phone number that worked a couple of years back and prior to that, but have had no success with it since then.I am just hopeful that someone in Scotland may have a recent telephone directory next to them so they can check out if she is still in the book or I have the right number.I have had no luck with trying to search it on the net,as some of these UK telephone directory sites need credits etc for payment, and I really do not know how to pay it from Australia. As she is not into genealogy to my knowledge, I best not put her details on here, but if someone could help me in Scotland, please contact me....joe.terni@gmail.com Keep in mind we are 8 hours ahead in time,so there may be a delay in getting back to ones eMail, but I will asap if someone can help. Thanks, John
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help from Scotland for telephone number please

Post by PippoM »

Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by acartia »

Pippo, I have tried the name in now a few times on the link you sent, but it always comes up negative. It is more than likely that my cousin is not on the landline phone system now and maybe on mobile only. I would have thought though that her sons names would have shown up, as I think they are still in Scotland as well. But its all negative on that surname for Scotland. I will have another try tomorrow. Thanks for the link Pippo,it is most appreciated, and I will post again on any updates. John
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pdchenderson13 »

Do you know the town in Scotland, I live in Scotland and can maybe help? I'll email you.

:-)
Grazie Patrizia
acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by acartia »

I can conclude my request on my post here with very good news. Patrizia worked on this for me, and confirmed that my cousin in Scotland seemed to be still living in the same area, and then came up with the correct international and local required digits to be added to my cousins phone number,to get me through to her. I reached her on the first attempt and we spent about an hour catching up for lost time, and ready for another long chat at about Xmas time. What had gone wrong with the number I had been using trying to contact her,(with that same number being confirmed by another cousin here in Australia,) I cannot explain, except to say the older number was only 11 digits, but the successful number is now 16 digits! The main thing,it was a total success in the end and I thank Patrizia very much for her kind help in sorting this out. John