Messaging on this Site

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Messaging on this Site

Post by amerital43 »

Can anyone please explain to me why I can never get a message out to another on this site? I can't even get it to a Moderator/Admin!! The messages don't go to their intended person, they just collect in my Outbox. This is very frustrating and annoying. If someone can tell me about this and how to get them moving from the Outbox I would appreciate it.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Messaging on this Site

Post by Tessa78 »

amerital43 wrote:Can anyone please explain to me why I can never get a message out to another on this site? I can't even get it to a Moderator/Admin!! The messages don't go to their intended person, they just collect in my Outbox. This is very frustrating and annoying. If someone can tell me about this and how to get them moving from the Outbox I would appreciate it.
The messages will stay in your outbox until the recipient picks up the message. There is a notification to the recipient that there is a message in their inbox, but until they open it... it is not considered sent. Once opened it will be placed in your sent box.

T.
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Messaging on this Site

Post by amerital43 »

Oh, is that how it works?! Thank you for telling me that. I feel so much better because I thought there was a glitch of some sort, or I wasn't doing something extra.
O.K., well then I guess I just have to wait.