Italian Family backstory...

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Raiano

Italian Family backstory...

Post by Raiano »

I know this is a long shot...but here it goes:

My grandfather might of been seized with delusions of grandeur, but in his storytelling...to explain WHY his father immigrated to America, he stated quite clearly it was from 'persecution'.

Then he dies before I could say goodbye.

I then decided to research any information I could find about my great grandfather's murder and I came across an article in the Pueblo Chieftain about my Great Grandfather's murder.

The article specifically mentioned the name of the man who murdered him, that they both came from the same area (Naples) and they both came from rival fraternities (or secret societies).

It perplexes me. On the one hand, my grandfather was correct. Great grandfather WAS indeed persecuted and pursued by another man who clearly followed him all the way to Pueblo.

I've searched high and low and there is no 'local' history of what was going on in Napoli. Some historical context as to what these fraternities are during the period of 1900 to 1914 would clear things up a bit.

I DO have a single picture of my great grandfather in somekind of Uniform...but one geneological researcher surmised it is not a Military uniform but of some old and forgotten ORDER.

Any leads or information regarding the fraternities, key people, local history of Naples (scafati) would be much appreciated.

I want to close this 20 year research with a definitive answer as to why my Great Grandfather was murdered. I know with Italians, it can get complicted LOL, but I'm confident I'll have the answers with everyone's help.

Ciao!
C_Artale
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Italian Family backstory...

Post by C_Artale »

Have you considered contacting Pueblo in regards to the court records? There may be testimony or other useful information in the file.
Surnames of interest:
Artale, Minincleri, Cattat (Accattato), Manfredi, Licetti, Durso, Pizzuto