Saving Ellis Island Records

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rp76226
Master
Master

Saving Ellis Island Records

Post by rp76226 »

It used to be easy to save relevant Ellis Island records to your computer files. Now there seems to be no way to do that. Is there a way? You have to be an idiot to pay the government $30 per each Ellis Island page.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Saving Ellis Island Records

Post by Biff83 »

You can save images of the ship manifests by opening the FULL IMAGE and then doing a screenshot of the area you're interested in. These will be PNG files that can be converted to JPEG files.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

In FULL IMAGE window, press "Shift"+"Control"+"i". You can see the picture adress in the source of the page as, for example,
https://assets.libertyellisfoundation.o ... 840202.jpg
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Shift - Control - i -when on Full Image gets me an elements/programming breakdown with a link appearing as a very tiny manifest page underneath that does not open to the manifest image (doesn't open at all).
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

Once I know the ship and arrival date - I simply go over to FamilySearch using one of Stephen Morse tool - to me the image quality is better.