Steve Morse site

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
mfjp
Master
Master

Steve Morse site

Post by mfjp »

Hi All!

My favorite site.... One-Step Webpages....... (white form)

Is anyone having trouble connecting...?

http://stevemorse.org/

Maria :cry:
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Re: Steve Morse site

Post by Edmondo »

Hi Maria,

The white form is hosted by www.jewishgen.org and it looks like they have a problem.

I think it will work again if you try later.

Edmondo
Tandem fit surculus arbor
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Maria
I tried that site for you and its not working from here (Scotland) either.
The 'folder' at the side has a minus sign and when I clicked on it to open it its just other choices that come up but it wont let me open the 'white form' either.
Emmy
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi All!

Thanks for your replies...

I guess if you need to look for a manifest... you can go directly to

www.ellisisland.org for now...

maria

:P
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hey...

the site is back up!

Thanks for your help

Maria
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Everyone!

Yes the site is okay but up until yesterday (I haven't checked yet today) the grey form has been down.

Maria...last day of school for the younguns! Now all hell breaks loose. Do you think its too early to start drinking? :?

Nuccia
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

Thursday is the last day for my boys ......... :?

The middle child has his graduation to attend to tonight...

Last night, my 16 year old made me a really cool disco drink!!

A singapore sling... !! He went on the internet to get the recipe...

Anyways... I hope they live in their boxer shorts all summer... I'm tired of ironing and doing laundry...

I need to reset the computer password... as I know they will be fighting to get online...

No clean up... no computer...

:twisted:

maria
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ally »

Hi Friends,

Wow your kids get out of school late, my "darlings" have been out since the 14th, already counting days until Sept. Ha-ha! 78 more to go!!!
They have been driving me nuts, between tennis lessons, violin lessons, trying to get to swim club (if it would ever stop raining) and basketball, I am ready for my vacation!

As for drinks, I used to drink the singapore sling, ever try a fuzzy navel??
Loved these while I was in High School!!! Also sex on the beach!!! Sounds enticing doesn't it??? Ha,ha!!!

I make watermelon daiquries, think I spelled that wrong, ooops. :?
I buy the watermelon flavoring in the liquor store, some grocery stores sell it too (they also have raspberry, didn't like that one too much) add some vodka (the more the merrier), some ice and crush in the blender. Is very refreshing in the summertime. :D :D

My sister and I can kill off a blender in 5 minutes. My son calls them watermelon slushies!!! I make the virgin one for the kids!

How is everyone doing??? Hope all is well.

Are any of you getting this humidity/rain every day!!! What a bummer, it is so hot, humid and rains almost everyday, feels like I am in Florida with this weather!!!

Ally
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Ally you lush,

What state are you in?

Slings in highschool .... you must have been a "hippy"...

Do your kids call you a hippy ? I am "Mom, you hippy, newb"... to mine... and they listen to the music I used to listen to....

maria

mmm... do you have a recipe for the watermelon slushy? or do you just throw everything in there without measuring...
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Maria,

My second has his grad party too tonight. Feel sorry for the kids. My special treat to them on the last day of school is to wait outside for them to get home and when I see them I blast them with the hse and shaving cream. The stereo plays Schools Out by Alice Cooper and no one who walks by is excused...I nail 'em all.

I have been doing this since Louis was in kindergarden and the kids wait for it anxiously every year. All their friends come around and the neighbors now get in to it too.

Of course...it just started raining! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ally, 78 days huh? No wonder you drink the "slushies"... :wink:

Nuccia
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Re: watermelon slushies!!- News from Trish!!!

Post by ally »

Maria,

I live in Jersey. NO I am not a lush! Been called other things, but not that.

It is funny that you mentioned your kids listen to your music, mine do too!!! They know word for word and can guess any tune I hum. Funny, aren't they?

Even though the legal drinking age was 21, there was no problem being served in "certain places". I am 2x that age now.

We would go on a Friday night, hang out and god knows how we made it home in 1 piece. Thinking back on that now, how I could have been so stupid is beyond me!!! 8O

I guess everyone goes thru that stage in life and then realize, time to stop and move on in life! I had my share of fun, but don;t think my kids will get away with it! Been there, done that!!!!

As for a recipe, I just throw in about 8 oz of watermelon and cup full of ice and as much vodka you can handle. My sister likes hers on the mild side, my husband/brother in law and myself, well thats another story. As long as I am home. They are good though, try to see if you can find it in your liquor store or grocery the name off the bottle is:

Rose's cocktail infusions, watermelon mix, the bottle is about 20 fl oz.

They have some recipes on back for blue melom martini, watermelon spritzer etc. All are good, tried them all!!! LOL!!!! Nothing like relaxing in the sun while the kids are swimming in the pool.

Just got my package from Trish!!!!!! She is awesome!!!!
She got me everything , anyone needing help on obtaining papers call on Trish, she is good and efficient!!!! :D :D :D

Now need to see if I can get her to do a few other little things I need.
She is a godsend, I am so glad you recomended her to me, and I recommend her to anyone else in need of help. She is fair priced, keeps you ontop of what she is doing and sends back in a timely manner! I would use her services for much more research!!!!

Well let me go, my kids friends are over, they want to go swimming. Talk to ya later guys!!

Ally
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

nuccia wrote:Maria,

The stereo plays Schools Out by Alice Cooper and no one who walks by is excused...I nail 'em all.

Of course...it just started raining! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ally, 78 days huh? No wonder you drink the "slushies"... :wink:

Nuccia
Hi both... Ally, didn't mean any harm... hope I did not offend you... thanks for the recipe! I will check it out... I'm not a lush either myself, and never drink when I am stressed out. That's my personal rule.

Hi Nuccia.. what a mess it is out there!! I have to shut my windows...

I saw Alice Cooper sing this live at Varsity Stadium... I was almost trampled... but luckily my older sister pulled me up... I was way too young to be there...

Yes, many good times in high school and college... getting home was one thing... avoiding my mother's kitchen utensils and appliances was another...

Maria
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Yes.. Trish is awesome! She's been there for me during a difficult time... and been there for me during happy times...

We've spoken over the phone a few times... and not for just one hour either!!

Trish, if you are reading this... the card you sent me is a keeper!!

With thanks, and hugs,
xoxoxo
Maria
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ally »

Maria,

No harm taken! Hope everything is okay with you! Finally some sun today, went swimming in the pool. Nice and refreshing!

Yes, Trish is great!!! Hoping to find out about my gramps father/mother. This should be interesting for her! Not too much info to start with.
I have to email her and tell her I received my papers. I am so thrilled with a great outcome!!! My father is even more amazed, he didnt know to much either, he was small, like 4 when his dad died, so he really knew nothing of that family.

Will make a nice birthday gift for him!
Later!

Ally
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

ally wrote:Maria,

Will make a nice birthday gift for him!
Later!

Ally
My brother has a very unique name... but was able to trace it back to the early 1820's... as it turned out to be my G5 Grandfathers brother...

My G5 Grandfather had named his child after his brother..

To make a long story short...

I printed a copy of his original marriage document on off white - cream coloured paper (good quality)... and aged it a bit for framing...

To age.... I took a lighter and burnt the edges bit by bit... blowing out the flames... :? did this outside though... you can also use your stove burner (low setting) with the stove fan running... or use a candle....

But do be careful... some paper ignites differently, so I always kept a spray water bottle nearby....

I mounted this on nice board and put it in a nice wooden frame... (metallic frames just don't look as nice)

If you are going to do something like this... print yourself a few extra copies...

Also please do this craft when the young ones are NOT around...

Another neat trick (safer method) is to wet the edges with water... and slowly tear around the damp edges to give it an aged look... edges can then be dipped in tea...

Place document in between 2 paper towels and place in thick telephone book to flatten the paper ... but warped edges look cool too...

I've framed a few of these documents... and these do make wonderful gifts...

But do tell them how many months or years it took to research the ancestor within the frame....

I also included a little write up ... or a sketch of the family tree and tacked it to the back of the picture frame...

This can also be done to manifests.... but a large custom made frame may be required...

hmmm ... to make :oops: a long story short??

Maria