TALK

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Emmy
Master
Master

TALK

Post by Emmy »

JenR
No sooner said than done! :lol:

Patch, Snowy and Peach
(Snowy died recently)

I'll need to take some new pictures of the rabbits.

Love
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Re: TALK

Post by JenR »

Hi Emmy,

Omg they're so cute! It's sad that snowy died :cry: . I'm glad you made this topic... So we dont right in your birthday topic. :D :D

JenR
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi JenR
Glad you like them.
Do you have any other pets as well as Bailey?

When my children were young they had gerbils and they were kept in a large 'fish tank' that was filled with peat and empty cardboard tubes and they used to make tunnels it was fun watching them.

We also had a hamster whose cage was placed too close to the curtains/drapes in the living room and it managed to get hold of the drape and chewed a hole in it.

Maybe mum would like you to get one of these as a pet! :wink:
I think one of them is definatley looking for a new home! :lol: :lol:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3230 ... nupch7.gif

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2792/m ... omeal0.jpg

Love
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

emmy

Thanks but "Mum" doesn't like rodents! You should know how I feel about mice by now.. :lol: :lol:

Jen will be away for a few days so I will be passing on your messages to her and will also be sending messages to you from her..Don't worry, I will save your images in a folder for her to view when she gets back.

Thanks for being so nice to her and for all of you that have encouraged her participation in this forum.

I'm sure she'll email you privately soon!

Hugs
nuccia :D
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nuccia
I hope Jen enjoys her few days away.
I'm so looking forward to her posting again.
It is so nice to see a younger person showing a real interest in genealogy.
As for the mice :roll: What's wrong with them?
I was just putting forward an idea to Jen that they do make nice pets :lol: :lol:

May Jen would prefer one of these bigger versions ! :wink: :lol:

Emmy
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Emmy wrote:Hi Nuccia
.......As for the mice :roll: What's wrong with them?
I was just putting forward an idea to Jen that they do make nice pets :lol: :lol:

Emmy

Emmy - you obviously haven't heard about Nuccia's mice!!!!! :D :D :D LOL

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi elba

:wink: :wink: :lol: I do know about the mice :lol: that's why I thought she :wink: would maybe prefer Jen to get a rat instead. :lol: :lol:
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Hi Emmy,

I think those mice are cute! But in real life I would be scared to death if I say one! :lol:

JenR
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

JenR wrote:Hi Emmy,

I think those mice are cute! But in real life I would be scared to death if I say one! :lol:

JenR
Me too, sweetheart! I'm glad we agree on no rodents in our house...emmy feel free to email pictures to us but you can keep them! :lol: :lol:

nuccia :D
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Jen
How about having your 'computer mouse' as a pet and if you're really kind to it , it may just help you a lot?? :wink:
Fancy a challenge? (But only if doesn't interfere with your schoolwork and you ask mum first!!)
I have just had a letter back from Italy written in Italian and I've had it translated but I need to send a reply. --in Italian--
I'm not sure which internet programme is best to use for this. I'm going to try too- maybe a couple of sentences at a time OK? and hopefully I'll remember to note the sites I use.
First few sentences to translate :-

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email received September 1st. I will try to fax you a copy of my grandmother's birth act. The Francesca Bastianiello born in S.Elia Fiumerapido on 2nd December 1889 is not my grandmother.
My grandmother was born in S'Elia Fiumerapido on 17th February 1861 and was baptised in the parish of San Biagio, her mother was Pasqua Bastianiello, there was no father's name on the birth act.
Maybe this is too much to begin with so if you only want to do one sentence at a time, or you dont want to try this then that's ok - don't worry :)
I'm going to 'have-a-go and I'll post what I come up with.

Be Good
Lots of love God Bless
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Hi Emmy,

I don't know if this is the exact words but this is what I found.

Caro Sir/Madam,

Grazie per il vostro email ricevuto il 1 settembre. Proverò a fax una copia dell'atto di nascita della mia nonna. Il Francesca Bastianiello sopportato in S.Elia Fiumerapido il il 2 dicembre 1889 non è la mia nonna di grandmother.My è stato sopportato in S'Elia Fiumerapido il il 17 febbraio 1861 ed era baptised nella parrocchia del San Biagio, la sua madre era Pasqua Bastianiello, là era nome di nessun padre sull'atto di nascita.

JenR
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Jen
What site did you use?
I typed in (on Google) 'Translate English into Italian' then clicked 'search'
I chose 'Alta Vista- Babel Fish Translation (translates blocks of text etc)'
and this is what came up.

Sir/Madam cari li ringraziano per il vostro email ricevuto il 1 settembre. Li proverò al fax una copia dell'atto di nascita della mia nonna. Il Francesaca Bastianiello sopportato in S'Elia Fiumerapido il il 2 dicembre 1889 non è la mia nonna. Il mio grnadmother è stato sopportato in S'Elia Fiumerapido il il 17 febbraio 1861 ed era baptised nella parrocchia del San Biagio, la sua madre era Bastianiello Pasqua, là era nome di nessun padre sopra lui atto di nascita.
Interesting to compare both translations
Ready for the next part?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Hi Emmy,

I used www.dictionary.com then I copied and pasted it pressed translate then it gave me it in english and italian. :D

Bring on the next part. :D :lol:

JenR
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Jen
Are you 'game' to try another site this time? (a different way)
If you try a different way this time I'll try a different way too.

Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

OK Jen

This is part 2 :) :) :)

My grandfather, Di filippis Giovanni Battista was born 11th June 1853 in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (Number 86 on the birth act index) and was baptised on the 12th June in the parish of San Biagio. His father's name was Di filippis Domenico and his mother's name was Fionda Maria Giuseppa.
(Dont forget to say what site you used and what you did?)

Emmy