BOOK RESOURCE

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rfornal
Staff
Staff

BOOK RESOURCE

Post by rfornal »

Google Books now allows searching of "full books" (translates to out of copyright) online ... look for surname or region (ie. Atlas).

http://books.google.com/
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Re: BOOK RESOURCE

Post by ally »

Bob,

Thanks for the interesting link for google books. Punched in Schio, Italy and gives a pretty well described area of this nortern town.

Thanks!!

Ally
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Thanks Bob, now I'm addicted!

:)
rfornal
Staff
Staff

Post by rfornal »

;)
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

If there is enough interest I can install a program where members can post their reviews of books.

Just let me know by PM.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
rfornal
Staff
Staff

Post by rfornal »

That might be an awesome one to have to compare and list some of these books that are being located!
rfornal
Staff
Staff

NEWSPAPER RESOURCE

Post by rfornal »

Google announced September 06, 2006 that they are indexing 200 years of newspaper content. Everyone will be able to search the indexes free of charge. However, purchasing the full article may incur a fee.

The content will come from publishers and aggregators such as The New York Times, Time magazine, The Guardian, LexisNexis, and Factiva, many of which charge fees for archived content.

Companies such as LexisNexis never had a practical method of reaching the general public. Google now provides that path. What's more, the publishers don't have to share the wealth with Google.

Google will not receive any payment from publishers' content fees, advertising, or from supplying traffic. Search results will be ranked by relevance, without any influence from publishers. Google will not make money directly from the service, at least not at the beginning. The company might eventually add advertising to Google News Archive Search.

Google's mission is to make all the world's information available. The company doesn't care whether the information it indexes is available for free or if there is a charge; Google simply wants to point to the information.

The Google News Archive Search is available to everyone right now. However, this is a new and growing service. It has been “seededâ€Â
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Oh my god.....this is wonderful Bob!!!!!

I just put my grandfathers name in and came up with a number of hits!!!!

Thanks for sharing this resource!!!!! :D

wldspirit