LDS: Digitized Version of Microfilm in 10 Years

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rfornal
Staff
Staff

LDS: Digitized Version of Microfilm in 10 Years

Post by rfornal »

rfornal
Staff
Staff

Re: LDS: Digitized Version of Microfilm in 10 Years

Post by rfornal »

This could actually be better for those living outside of the U.S., if they can wait.

However, records which were not already indexed probably won't be on the list for digitizing. For example, Polish baptismal records which were not indexed by the priest at the time the record was made, will probably not be eligible for the easy access project. LDS isn't going to train hundreds of people on how to pull names out of Polish (and other language) record books to compile an index for those books.

People will only have access to those records which have already been indexed, not the records themselves. Of course, this would still be faster and easier than the process we use today.
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MauroMags »

Great!! Tell them to start with the Italian records first !! :)
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Bob,

Great article. We have had posts on the digitizing of the colllection, but only hearsay information.

Did you that the LDS Church in Salt Lake City was made from the granite from Granite Mountain & the hole in the mountain became the vault?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Saw the Temple in Salt Lake when I was 12.......one of my mothers many road trips to expose me to a world outside of Illinois........think I was more impressed with the salt flats......
I remember her telling me at that time that they were the biggest genealogy resources in the world......

I think it's exciting that we will have additional records available for research......but my town of origin hasn't even been filmed....still, would certainly help to have more records online for US research.........

I'm with you Mauro....start with Italy first, especially Talamello!!!!! :wink:
wldspirit