Italian, Polish and Irish forums

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Italian, Polish and Irish forums

Post by JamesBianco »

I just today discovered the wonderful similar forums for Polish and Irish research. They are fantastic!!

Has anyone considered creating one for French Canada? Or Canada? I would be very interested in getting involved as I have much French Canadian ancestry and I think it would become just as active as this (Italian) forum and quickly.

Thanks!
Jim Bianco
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Re: Italian, Polish and Irish forums

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

I asked Edmondo the same question about a Hungarian or Croatian forum. Haven't gotten a reply, but I thought that if we did another forum more people would come. I have found some other forums to be cold but the family like feeling can't be beat!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Jim,

I love your enthusiasm on the Irish forum!

Mike,

How about changing the name to Austro-Hungarian Empire Forum?

:)
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

Sounds good to me. I'm a mutt so I have a lot a countries to look up. A German forum would be nice...

Mike
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

For now, Mike, post the information at the Polish forum & we'll see what we can do, just like we did for your Hungarian line.

:)
nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Mike,

I did not forget your request :wink:
Main reason why I didn't setup the site yet is that I am not sure what would be best.

I can change the Polish Genealogy site to an Eastern Europe Genealogy site with different forums for the different countries.
I can also setup different sites for different countries.

What do you think would be better and why?
MikeSavoca91 wrote:I asked Edmondo the same question about a Hungarian or Croatian forum. Haven't gotten a reply, but I thought that if we did another forum more people would come. I have found some other forums to be cold but the family like feeling can't be beat!
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Jim,

If you want to become the administrator of the French Canadian Genealogy site I sure am willing to set it up :!:

Edmondo
JamesBianco wrote:I just today discovered the wonderful similar forums for Polish and Irish research. They are fantastic!!

Has anyone considered creating one for French Canada? Or Canada? I would be very interested in getting involved as I have much French Canadian ancestry and I think it would become just as active as this (Italian) forum and quickly.

Thanks!
Jim Bianco
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Same answer here:

If you want to become the administrator of the German Genealogy site I sure am willing to set it up.

I am always open for new ideas.
Soon I hope to announce the new Dutch Genealogy site which I will administer myself.

MikeSavoca91 wrote:Sounds good to me. I'm a mutt so I have a lot a countries to look up. A German forum would be nice...

Mike
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

I would be happy to be the administrator for a German site! I think that would be a great thing to work on, if you could set it up I would be very pleased and I am happy you thought of me. Let me know of any progress.

Mike
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Edmondo wrote:Jim,

If you want to become the administrator of the French Canadian Genealogy site I sure am willing to set it up :!:

Edmondo
Great, I would love to help out, let me know what I need to do. I suppose you have some sort of an outline as to operational procedure? This is exiting!

Jim :)
firstmate2

Post by firstmate2 »

Hello Everyone ~

I am a newbie at geneology and this site has been a great insight into researching my Italian roots. My husband's family has a German ancestry which I am having difficulty with. If a German forum is set up please let me know!

My main interest is to link Count Drachenfels of Drachenfels Castle located near Siebengebirge, Germany with the Drach family who immigrated to the United States in the 1800's.

Thank you for the wonderful forum and the help everyone who works on it provides!

Shirley Johnson
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

Shirley,

We all hope to get a German forum going, as a matter of fact Edmondo is probally setting it up now. I was asked to administrator to the new site so as soon as I know something I will be happy to let you know, I thought a German forum would be good...

Mike
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Edmondo..

You made some great choices in choosing your administrators for the new sites.. I'm sure they will be as wonderful as these sites.

Keep us all posted!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

Well that means a lot comming from you Nuccia, and I am sure Jim aggrees! Thanks for the kind words.

Mike
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

MikeSavoca91 wrote:Well that means a lot comming from you Nuccia, and I am sure Jim aggrees! Thanks for the kind words.

Mike
Mike..I mean every word. Let me know once its going..I'd be happy to help in any way I can. As for the French Canadian site..since I'm in Canada, I'm pretty excited about it. Once things settle down a bit here, I'll try and organize some Canadian sites and resources for you, Jim and email you them to do as you see fit.

This is so exciting, isn't it? :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database