by Srossmeisl
01 Mar 2005, 17:56
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Jean-Baptiste Salvaye Captain of the regiment in Pignerol
Replies: 25
Views: 64365

Re: Jean-Baptiste Salvaye Captain of the regiment in Pignero

Hi

I sent you a private message on 2/24 and I have not heard from you.

Did you receive it? I was just trying it out so that we could correspond off line.
by Srossmeisl
23 Feb 2005, 02:58

Hi I do not have any information on Jacqueline Bellecote in fact she is also known as Marguerite Cotte in some reference books. Being from the West coast, you may be a descendant of the Salvaye (Salvails) from British Columbia and later Washington state. I have quite a bit of information on the Salv...
by Srossmeisl
21 Feb 2005, 01:43

Hi I think Giovanni Battista is Jean-Baptiste Salvay. Seems to fit -- born 1624 and married in 1650. He would have been 26 years old when he married. No I have not written to Italy for more information. However, I do plan on it at some point. We can trace our family all the way back to Jean-Baptiste...
by Srossmeisl
20 Feb 2005, 02:39

Hi cchjs Yes I have a birth certificate but unfortunately I cannot read it. Friends of mine went to Italy a few years ago and took pictures of St. Donat in Pinerolo and also brought back a copy of the birth certificate. Looks like the date is May 1624 -- it reads Giovanni Battista Salvays, figlio di...
by Srossmeisl
18 Feb 2005, 02:12

Thank you for replying. After many years of posting request for info on various websites, I was thrilled to hear from another descendant of the Salvay(e) family. In fact my mothers maiden name was Salvail. Over the years in Canada the translation of Salvaye was changed to Salvail. I viewed the coat ...
by Srossmeisl
16 Apr 2004, 02:45

Jean Baptiste Salvaye

Hi

Thanks for the additional information. I have one more question.

Jean Baptiste Salvaye son was named Pierre Salvaye Tremont. Does Tremont represent a region? Is Tremont something that is significant?

Thank you

Regards Srossmeisl
by Srossmeisl
12 Apr 2004, 23:32

Thank you. I will send an email to the "Archivio Storico Diocesano" and "Archivio di Stato di Torino"

regards, srossmeisl
by Srossmeisl
12 Apr 2004, 02:06

Jean Baptiste Salvaye

Thank you for your prompt reply and references. I am a direct descendent of Pierre Salvaye and spouse Marie Catherine Roy. I was able to trace my ancestery directly to Pierre Salvaye. However, I encountered a roadblock with Jean Baptiste Salvaye. We always believed that we were Canadian French and n...
by Srossmeisl
11 Apr 2004, 03:29

Jean-Baptiste Salvaye Captain of the regiment in Pignerol

Looking for information on Jean-Baptiste Salvaye who was Capitaine of the regiment at Pignerol. He was in the service of the Duke of Savoy.
He married Marguerite Cotte at St. Donat Parish, Pignerol Italy about 1640 to 1650. [/b]