Search found 47 matches

by rfiorille
23 Sep 2019, 01:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Availability of Palermo "Citta" records
Replies: 6
Views: 300

Re: Availability of Palermo "Citta" records

One can no longer deal directly with Hugh Tornabene (check spelling!), as he passed away in 2016. Before his death he was able to wrangle the Palermo matrimoni indexes into a sort-able MS Excel file, but did not get around to doing the same for births and deaths. Still, as has been pointed out, the...
by rfiorille
15 Sep 2019, 14:15

Re: Availability of Palermo "Citta" records

Thank you Marty. I just want to be sure I'm understanding correctly. You say that Hugh Torabene has indices. However, I don't need the indices because I am able to find the birth info in an index online. I'm looking for the actual records. I was looking for Giuseppa Antrosiglo born in 1864 in Palerm...
by rfiorille
13 Sep 2019, 23:30

Availability of Palermo "Citta" records

Hello Forum! I'm doing some research of a family that came from the city of Palermo and trying to get a better understanding of the records that are available. It appears on the antenati website that there are 17 "sezioni" in the Archivio di Stato di Palermo that have links to actual records. For ex...
by rfiorille
13 Sep 2019, 22:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation check - foundling birth act for Filippo Androsiglio
Replies: 4
Views: 225

Re: Translation check - foundling birth act for Filippo Androsiglio

Yes, all very interesting! I'm looking forward to tweaking as well, but thank you for your input about the colors!

Robert
by rfiorille
13 Sep 2019, 15:14

Re: Translation check - foundling birth act for Filippo Androsiglio

Thank you Angela! I was watching my post steadily drop with 0 replies and had my finger on the bump button :) I really appreciate and agree with most of your interpretation but would love to hear if anyone wants to do some tweaking. I interpreted too that the umbilical was attached. I wonder if the ...
by rfiorille
11 Sep 2019, 23:48

Translation check - foundling birth act for Filippo Androsiglio

I would greatly appreciate if someone could check my deciphering of this record (2 pages in the links below) and correct google's/my translation. Some parts of the translation I'm not getting. Thank you! Robert Fiorille First page of birth act. Second page of birth act. My deciphering: Spedale di S....
by rfiorille
23 Nov 2018, 18:26
Topic: Need help deciphering - "non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente..."
Replies: 8
Views: 673

Re: Need help deciphering - "non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente..."

Sorry for my delayed reply. Erudita and Pippo I really appreciate your combined interpretation of the word "Filiame". It makes a lot of sense. Mmogno, thank you as well for the full transcription. When I did a google translation the words "parochial books of the dead which I keep with me" jumped out...
by rfiorille
12 Nov 2018, 23:01

Re: Need help deciphering - "non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente..."

Hi Erudita
That's what I was thinking the record was saying. "Filiame" doesn't translate for me, but I get the gist of the document. The death record of Francesco's father Antonio is included, but I guess this is just a supplemental document.
Thank you again!
Robert
by rfiorille
12 Nov 2018, 22:02

Need help deciphering - "non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente..."

Trying to understand what this document is saying about the groom after "Francesco di Antonio Fiorillo". I am seeing "mi-o Filiame non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente di...". I can't make out the rest. I would appreciate help with understanding what the document is saying with a transcription and tr...
by rfiorille
01 Jul 2018, 15:11
Topic: Antonio Ricci, possibly adopted founding Antonio Giunone?
Replies: 21
Views: 1368

Re: Antonio Ricci, possibly adopted founding Antonio Giunone?

Erudita, I wish the Coniglio website cited some source for the statement. It definitely warrants more research. I feel the only way to understand where this wheel was located and therefore where Luigi found the baby would be to look at more records in the town..... OR I can just wait for mmogno to h...
by rfiorille
01 Jul 2018, 05:13

mmogno,

Thank you for the links. I will definitely check them out!
by rfiorille
01 Jul 2018, 05:12

Robert I've never heard about the foundling wheel being in anyone's private home, so I don't think so. I looked at the record above Antonio's, but that infant was not a child of the wheel. I didn't look through the other records in that town though. Erudita Below is something I had read that made m...
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 04:56

Yes. That is my understanding of the way the wheel operated. I thought possibly the wheel was located in Luigi's house. But I doubt that. It would be interesting to look at more records in the town for other foundlings. Maybe that would shed some light. Sorry you lost the private message. I know tha...
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 04:20

I love the fact that you found this, although I'm still confused as to why it seems that Luigi was the one who found Antonio on the wheel and subsequently presented him. Unless if I'm reading the document wrong. Any thoughts?