Search found 11 matches

by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 20:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: looking for surnames Mauro,Massaro,Padula,Palma
Replies: 22
Views: 17142

Re: looking for surnames Mauro,Massaro,Padula,Palma

Or their census whether its new york or new jersey.

oh and Pasqualine , from what I heard couldnt speak english , so I am assuming she was never naturalized. She died in 1937 . Joseph died in 1965 both died in Maynard,Mass

I have their deaths (newspaper obits).

karen
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 20:29

Wow ok people - First Susan, Thank you . It's a starting point for Pasqualine as too where she came from. I have these births , from their Social Security Index's. Essgee - I have Joseph's Social Security Index. Yes he was automatically a US citezens due to marriage of his 2nd wife. I also have his ...
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 20:09

Hi Susan , I have asked New York if they had this marriage and everywhere I have written says no, also have been checking Mass to see if they married here and so far thats a no too. I would have to see if he went back to Italy and came back to the states. On one of the Marriage certificates it says ...
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 19:14

He didnt have to file these because when he became a citizen , his wife was a US citizen.

This was what Watham told me.

I am trying to locate another document that Waltham does not have. which is the Alien number he used when he entered the United States
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 17:26

I do not know if he was married when he came over, still trying to figure that out too.

His Naturalization says he came from Naples Italy.

Also his nauralization wasnt done until his second marriage (Pasqualina passed away and he remarried years later), so it has limited info.
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 17:03

I do not have his ship manifest. All I know is he came over Feb 25 1901 on the Columbia. I tried searching but could not find this.
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 16:25

Hello Essgee - You are correct on the Location Luzzano,Benevento,Campania,Italy. If they are in New Jersey - then the census should be after March 1910 because thats when Mary was born, according to her marriage certificate and her son. Looking at Alphonses Mass death index it says he was born in Ma...
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 12:16

Great! and Thank You. Just a little more info... Joseph Mauro was born in 1880, Wifes name is Pasqualina (pasqualine) born abt 1885. Children would be Alphonse born 1909 (not sure if New York or Mass) Mary born Schenectady New York 1910 Nellie T possibly born same place 1911 Thank You again and good...
by karenbedard
31 Mar 2009, 01:05

Hi Wldspirit, sorry I didnt get an email stating a reply was made. I now have Joseph Mauro and Frank Mauro's immigration and Naturalizations. Earlist census is 1920 in Massachusetts for both Mauros. Joseph Mauro supposedly lived in Scenectady,New York. He had 1 or 2 daughters born there and I can't ...
by karenbedard
19 Feb 2009, 13:11

Peter - Thank you for the info, I tried the first site and it came up with error 403. But the 2nd link was good.

Karen
by karenbedard
19 Feb 2009, 02:07

looking for surnames Mauro,Massaro,Padula,Palma

Hi, I am looking for Alfonzo Mauro who married Maria Massaro or Mascaro.They are from Luzzano Italy.They were born around 1862.Their children were Joseph Paul Mauro ( B.1879 ) who married Pasqualina Pedula(B.1885). Anthony, I do not know who he married. Frank Mauro (B.1885) Married Angela Mary Palma...