Search found 15563 matches

by Tessa78
29 Sep 2020, 03:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation Please
Replies: 2
Views: 122

Re: Translation Please

Catterina died on 27 February 1873, at age 80.
She was the widow of first husband Francesco Frazino and of second husband Bernardo Ubietto.
She was buried on 1 March

T.
by Tessa78
28 Sep 2020, 18:28
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Giovanni in civitella del Loga search
Replies: 1
Views: 112

Re: Giovanni in civitella del Loga search

Can you tell the approximate year of birth for Giovanni Quondam?

T.
by Tessa78
28 Sep 2020, 05:34
Topic: Translation of orphan birth certificate - Pietro
Views: 127

Re: Translation of orphan birth certificate - Pietro

On 12 August 1891, Grazia Piazza, 30, Receiver of the abandoned at the convent of S. Francesco, presented a child to the town official. She declared that she found the child at the wheel of the abandoned about 4 AM that day. The child appeared to be one day old, was wrapped in diapers of white canva...
by Tessa78
26 Sep 2020, 23:17
Topic: marriage notation on birth act help, pls
Replies: 3
Views: 102

Re: marriage notation on birth act help, pls

28 March 1904.

Place looks like Cautano (Benevento)

T.
by Tessa78
26 Sep 2020, 22:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Gallo family of Roccamonfina, Caserta, Campania
Replies: 5
Views: 289

Re: Gallo family of Roccamonfina, Caserta, Campania

That sounds like the correct Giuseppe Gallo. Father is Angelo Gallo, 26, landowner Mother is Crescenza Boiano, his wife, 28. Notation of Marriage with Antonia di Petrillo on 30 December 1869 in Roccamonfina. Here is the link http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Caserta/Stat...
by Tessa78
26 Sep 2020, 18:42
Topic: Gallo family of Roccamonfina, Caserta, Campania
Replies: 5
Views: 289

Re: Gallo family of Roccamonfina, Caserta, Campania

I have found a few Giuseppe Gallo births from 1858 - 1865... Here is a POSSIBLE birth act for Rosa's father, Giuseppe Gallo, in Roccamonfina in 1864. #34 Dated 14 March 1864 Making the declaration and presentation of birth at the town hall was Giuseppe Gallo, 55, shopkeeper, son of deceased (both) F...
by Tessa78
26 Sep 2020, 02:57
Topic: Pisani & Nestico Isca sullo Ionio/Sant'andrea apostolo dello ionio to Shamokin & Kulpmont PA
Replies: 13
Views: 417

Re: Pisani & Nestico Isca sullo Ionio/Sant'andrea apostolo dello ionio to Shamokin & Kulpmont PA

I checked the births (as you did) in Badolato in 1873. The only Concetta I found was born on 6 March 1873, and she was a foundling. Her name was recorded as Maria Concetta Pia Esposito. My thoughts... In March 1873, Rosaria Greco would have been 16 years of age. It is POSSIBLE that Rosaria and Nico...
by Tessa78
26 Sep 2020, 02:32
Topic: Alternate Surname Same Person
Replies: 10
Views: 354

Re: Alternate Surname Same Person

Thank you for the record images. Here is a birth act for a child born to this couple in 1881, also named Francesca Pino. More than likely she died, and the child born in 1885 was given the name. In the record Antonio Pino makes the presentation and declaration of the birth, and it states that the ch...
by Tessa78
25 Sep 2020, 22:38
Topic: Pisani & Nestico Isca sullo Ionio/Sant'andrea apostolo dello ionio to Shamokin & Kulpmont PA

Re: Pisani & Nestico Isca sullo Ionio/Sant'andrea apostolo dello ionio to Shamokin & Kulpmont PA

I checked the births (as you did) in Badolato in 1873. The only Concetta I found was born on 6 March 1873, and she was a foundling. Her name was recorded as Maria Concetta Pia Esposito. My thoughts... In March 1873, Rosaria Greco would have been 16 years of age. It is POSSIBLE that Rosaria and Nicol...
by Tessa78
25 Sep 2020, 21:39

Thank you for that additional information!
Yes, it may help to locate a marriage.

I noticed in one of your other posts that you located the death act of Nicola Pisani in 1902 :-)
He was born in about 1846. in Sant'Andrea. Father was Luigi, mother was Marianna Damiani, both deceased.

T.
by Tessa78
25 Sep 2020, 21:37
Topic: Death Certificate Translation Request 1902 Isca sullo Ionio
Replies: 3
Views: 127

Re: Death Certificate Translation Request 1902 Isca sullo Ionio

The Raffaele mentioned was the father of one of the witnesses (Saverio Vivaldo) to the recording of the death act.

T.
by Tessa78
25 Sep 2020, 20:33

Not sure what happened to the attachment but thank you adelfio for translating. Does it mention where Giuseppe and Maria Rosario were born? I'm trying to track down their birth records as well, thanks. So there is two records of marriage correct? I only found this one initially "Atti di matrim...
by Tessa78
25 Sep 2020, 20:25
Topic: Alternate Surname Same Person
Replies: 10
Views: 354

Re: Alternate Surname Same Person

Can you post the image of the birth acts you referenced?

T.
by Tessa78
22 Sep 2020, 18:26
Topic: Help with death cert translation - Listello
Views: 113

Re: Help with death cert translation - Listello

#11 Dated 1 October 1878 at 10 AM in Mocchie Declarant of the death: Michele Listello, son of deceased Andrea, age 37, born and residing in Mocchie. He declared that today, at 9 AM in his home in frazione (village) Bigliasco, died a child of the name Vincenza Maria Domenica Listello, of age 3 months...