by gfharper
10 May 2010, 23:48
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: italian birth certificate
Replies: 29
Views: 24687

Re: italian birth certificate

Hi,
Thanks for your email. Did you send the email in Italian? If so, did you use the same format as the letter from the website used here?
Gail
by gfharper
10 May 2010, 21:52
Topic: italian birth certificate
Replies: 29
Views: 24687

Re: italian birth certificate

I sent for my grandparents' birth certificates back in February. I used the letter in Italian from this website, put in a self-addressed envelope. but no money. I have not heard a word, and that's two places, because they weren't from the same place. Any advice?
by gfharper
17 Feb 2010, 02:54
Topic: what would you do?
Replies: 10
Views: 5832

Re: what would you do?

He was born in California. So is that what you need, 5 documents with the date of birth on it instead of a birth certificate? I don't know the process for creating a delayed birth certificate in California, but does it take a long time? I need all these documents by next May. It takes a long time to...
by gfharper
17 Feb 2010, 01:28
Topic: what would you do?
Replies: 10
Views: 5832

Re: what would you do?

I have a new problem. I've found where my grandparents were born and have requested birth certificates. The problem is my father, who was born in this country in 1916, has no birth certificate!!! He appears on the censuses of 1920 and 1930, but he and his older brothers' births apparently were never...
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 20:55
Topic: military records
Replies: 27
Views: 12210

Re: military records

Here's another issue. There seems to be no record of my grandparents' marriage. It's possible they were married in San Francisco before the earthquake in 1906, in which case, all the records were destroyed. Searching the internet, no record comes up anywhere. How do you deal with this if your applyi...
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 18:19

Thank you!!! I'll see what happens!!
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 17:34

Am I correct in assuming that birth records are kept at the provincial level in Italy?
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 17:16

Here's another problem. That form letter asks for a birth certificate, but for Jure Sanguinis you need a certified birth certificate. Is there a way to get that?
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 17:08

Thanks so much for the information! I will definitely use the letter, but I'm having trouble locating the EXACT mailing addresses. I went to that website www.nonsolocap/it/liguria, but I don't see the street addresses for the Ufficio de Stato Civile for La Spezia and Genova. Any ideas?
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 06:41

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have two birth certificates to get. One from Varese Ligure in Liguria, and one from Ne, also in Liguria. I think the first one is in the province of La Spezia and the second in Genova. But I can't find the exact addresses of the places to send the requests. I checked that...
by gfharper
10 Feb 2010, 00:00

Hello,
I'm starting the process of jure sanguinis. How do I obtain a birth certificate from the small town in Italy where my grandfather was born? Thanks.
Gail