Search found 12 matches

by RosinaMaria
18 Mar 2010, 21:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Speranza-Mineo
Replies: 16
Views: 7269

Re: Speranza-Mineo

Thank you. I was unsure of that, due to the fact that all this adoption information regarding my grandmother is a mystery. After speaking with some relatives I believe that that is probably the case. You see, my grandmother never spoke of a birth mother's name. Thanks so much for responding.
by RosinaMaria
17 Mar 2010, 22:58
Topic: Adoptions Mineo Italy 1898
Replies: 2
Views: 2124

Adoptions Mineo Italy 1898

Going out on a limb here, but would anyone know of any information regarding the birth mother of a child given to the Speranza family in February 1898 in Mineo ? Surname could be Carnavale?
by RosinaMaria
17 Mar 2010, 22:54
Topic: Lepore - Mayor - outside of Rome, Italy
Replies: 4
Views: 2584

Re: Lepore - Mayor - outside of Rome, Italy

Thank you. I will give it a try.
by RosinaMaria
17 Mar 2010, 00:08

Re: Lepore - Mayor - outside of Rome, Italy

Thank you. I should have been clearer. I would be looking for Lepores outside of Rome. They would have been there in the 1800's.
by RosinaMaria
16 Mar 2010, 22:12

Lepore - Mayor - outside of Rome, Italy

Does anyone have any information of a mayor outside of Rome having the last name of Lepore?
by RosinaMaria
16 Mar 2010, 20:50

Absolutely! this is too funny, because my aunt traveled to Mineo and could not find any information on the Speranza family. Now my dad has me working on is side! Mama Mia! Thankfully, there are no known adoptions on his side. THANKS!
by RosinaMaria
16 Mar 2010, 20:25

Oh my God! Yes, these are regarding my family. I now realize that my grandmother's birth name must have been Julia Carnavale. My grandmother seemed to think that her birth mother was in the entertainment field. Thanks so much for all of this. Obviously, I have to join Ancestory.com. I can't thank yo...
by RosinaMaria
16 Mar 2010, 14:24

Unfortunately most of my relatives are now deceased. Due to the fact that my grandmother Rosina was adopted the only name I have for her is Speranza. She was adopted into the Speranza family and married a cousin Salvatore Speranza. Since she was adopted into the family she was not related to him. I ...
by RosinaMaria
15 Mar 2010, 15:11

Interesting. I never heard of a Tullia before. I believe that my grandmother was adopted into the Speranza family. I have no idea what her birth name was. i just discovered that the name "Carvalho" was written "somewhere" on her passport.
by RosinaMaria
15 Mar 2010, 13:28

Thank you!! We believe so. This is both interesting and exciting. However, we know that both my grandmother Rosina and her sister Josephine came over together and we suspect that there may be an error on page 1 line 5 as it references Agrippina but not Rosina. However, on page 2 lines 5 & 6 two ...
by RosinaMaria
14 Mar 2010, 19:09

I don't blame you for being confused. So are me and my sister. Because of my grandmother's "adoption" things are not clear. I was told that she was given the last name of Speranza. Although, she always called herself Rosina Gulianna. Maybe Guilianna was a middle name? Maybe, it was her bio...
by RosinaMaria
14 Mar 2010, 18:40

Speranza-Mineo

Looking for any information or how to obtain any information on my grandmother's genealogy. She was born in 1898 and adopted by a family with the surname Speranza in Mineo. Her name was Rosina Gulianna and she had one sister Josephine. Would this be enough information to track down her birth records...