Search found 7 matches

by Mack
03 May 2010, 13:58
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Which Castelfranco?
Replies: 16
Views: 9165

Re: Which Castelfranco?

Thank you, Liviomoreno. Even though the birthdate of Achille "Il Mago de Napoli" is in the ballpark of "my" Achilles, I can't imagine from the pictures Il Mago with long hair, long beard, long white robe, doing faith healing and future predictions, and receiving the kind of award...
by Mack
02 May 2010, 20:27

Uantiti - Your reply offers much food for thought. Yes, I noticed that passengers boarded in Naples after Genoa. My g-grandmother and g-mother were in that group of pages for those who boarded in Genoa. However, vague family recollection has it that my g-grandfather Gaetano Picciano may have been bo...
by Mack
02 May 2010, 20:00

VJ - I have bookmarked the websites. Thank you. My grandmother was "Dolores" in official records. Now I know why. The first website that you listed indeed shows that "Dolores" is equivalent to "Addolorata."
by Mack
02 May 2010, 19:44

New query for Liviomoreno: Noticing that you identify yourself as being in Rome, Italy, perhaps you can shed some light on one of my relatives in particular. His name is ACHILLES D'ANGELO. His home was in Rome. He was I suppose what could be termed a faith healer, stargazer, and/or fortune teller. H...
by Mack
02 May 2010, 19:21

Many, many thanks, everyone, for all your helpful and informative replies. Drawing the correct spelling of Addolorata to my attention is particularly welcome. There have been numerous variations in the spelling of my grandmother's name. No one in the family has been sure up to now which spelling was...
by Mack
01 May 2010, 21:19

Many thanks to the repliers to my questions. In reply to you: Great-grandmother's name: DOMINICANGELA TARTAGLIA, 27 yo in 1898. Traveled with 5yo daughter ADELORATA (my grandmother). Dominicangela married GAETANO PICCIANO in Italy around 1892. Gaetano preceded Dominicangela and Adelorata to America ...
by Mack
01 May 2010, 16:25

Which Castelfranco?

In 1898, my great-grandmother reported that she was from Castelfranco. She did not state which one. Since she sailed from Genoa, I assume that she was from either Castelfranco Veneto or Castelfranco Emelia. I am now trying to guess which one would be the more likely. Here's my question: In 1898, wou...